8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » best eumig projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best eumig projector
Christopher Ro
Junior

- posted January 30, 2012 03:58 PM      Profile for Christopher Ro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi

can anyone tell me which is the best super 8 eumig projector . I find that my single 8 18-5 bolex projector is easier to load than my eumig 712d sound projector and ruins films by having an automatic take up. I am new to this so any suggestions thanks

|  IP: Logged

Phil Lilley
Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2012 02:52 AM      Profile for Phil Lilley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use the 8 Series for my Super 8mm sound. I have an 810 and I've just got an 824, which has dual track on it (which the 810 doesn't).

I've never had a problem with them loading, and I put a LOT of films through them, as long as the end is clipped well.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 31, 2012 04:10 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Christopher. A problem to bear in mind is that when buying a used projector in any gauge they may well have changed hands a number of times over the 30 plus years and you won’t know who has had a go at them.

For my money if you are only showing silent the Eumig Mark 610D is very good, and for sound probably a 824D or 822D which were the last dual sound machines produced so you stand a good chance of finding one which has not been hammered (worn out). The 824D also came with a better lens so worth the extra money perhaps. I find its best to show any silent films on the 610D which preserves the sound heads on the 824D and all these are very sturdy machines indeed. I myself have been using Eumigs since the early 1970’s and they are light, transportable and reliable if looked after.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC