8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Belt supplier for Eumig S910

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Belt supplier for Eumig S910
Steven Wedge
Junior

- posted February 10, 2012 05:37 PM      Profile for Steven Wedge   Email Steven Wedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a vendor that sells belts for the Eumig S910?

I have an S910 on its way and wanted to make sure I have spare bulbs and belts. I'm a bit concerned that the websites and eBay stores I've viewed seem to list belts for every Eumig model but mine. Does the 910 share the same belts with another machine besides its sister models 905/912?

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 10, 2012 05:44 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve

Try EBay seller isellprojectorbelts. He may n ot list them but still have belts for it. If not try McMaster-Carr.com. Go to their power transfer section. If they don't have the belts they will amke them. Their prices are cheap. I have purchased a few belts from the. Plus , their service is fast.

Good luck

PatD

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2012 08:00 PM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steven,

The reason theres no belts listed for that model is there is no rubber belts to replace. These have a disc and pinion mechanical drive, which means its friction driven.

The only belt on the machine is a unique, toothed, fibreglass reinforced motor belt that is supposed to last forever. You shouldn't need to replace that belt.

Keeping a spare lamp is a good idea. Make sure the lamp socket has good pin connections and the lamp pins are scraped clean and shiny. Tell us how your Eumig turns out when it arrives.

dogtor frankarnstein [Razz]

[ February 11, 2012, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: frank arnstein ]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Steven Wedge
Junior

- posted February 10, 2012 11:13 PM      Profile for Steven Wedge   Email Steven Wedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news that it requires no belts. I ordered two spare lamps from TopBulb.com today and requested the Ushio model with lugs. I'm looking forward to the Eumig as I'm using a soundless Sear Du-All Eight given to me by an inlaw and I've got a family film conversion project to do.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2012 02:59 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree the toothed belt in the Eumig 900 Series is next to eternal, but it was possible to obtain it as a spare; in fact when I used to run a 926 only (which was my favourite machine for more than a decade) I ordered one; of course it still sits in my spare parts closet but nontheless I think it's a good idea to keep one just in case, if one happens to find one.

--------------------
Maurizio

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC