8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 61st BFCC 27th October 2012 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: 61st BFCC 27th October 2012
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 27, 2012 04:36 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So where are those "Photos" [Roll Eyes] ...chaps [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2012 05:12 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what wonderfull comments re this convention well pleased it was a great successs .these conventions are very important to the cine world .i would like to thanks the organizers dealers and public for attending because without you these conventions would end well done to all

Colin Auty
Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2012 07:39 AM      Profile for Colin Auty   Email Colin Auty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael -for your info the "Hollywood Picnic" film has just been released by Phil at Classic Home Cinema.

Colin

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 28, 2012 10:17 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I certainly enjoyed it and thank John and Keith for all their efforts. The venue not surprisingly wasn't as picturesque as Ruislip but it certainly had all the facilities needed in a compact area, and I'm sure some would have appreciated the lack of steps that were a feature of Ealing Town Hall. The catering seemed impressively fast and hopefully the school gained some worthwhile funds from this. I hope the dealers did well as I had some films for low prices on the Bring and Buy that I would usually have expected to sell, but most didn't go on this occasion.

Most importantly, I hope the attendance was big enough to avoid a loss and make a BFCC next year viable, so we will be in suspense until John comments on this.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2012 12:38 PM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very big thank you to Keith, John & co. for a great day!

Easy parking at the new venue, and, as I found on an urgent dash to the cashpoint, convenient to be only a short walk away from Ealing Broadway.

I found the film shows one of the best I have seen in recent memory, the cinema had easy access and patrons could come and go mid reel with no disturbance to the show thanks to the exits at the rear.
The picture quality of the super 8 shows on the Elmo GS1200 HTI from that long throw were rich in colour, bright, sharp and truly impressive.

The convenient on site catering which included Hot Dogs! Just like I used to have at the cinema years ago, only much nicer, was thoughtful and much appreciated.

A much improved bring and buy area with lots to offer, many dealers with some "reel" genuine bargains and new releases were to be seen on the big screen!

A far better day than I could have hoped for.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 28, 2012 01:40 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colin,
Thanks. That's good to know.

-Mike

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2012 06:08 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hollywood Picnic was also a re-release by Classic so there are some copies to be had second hand if youre lucky. But Phil has brand new copies now.

Graham S

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2012 03:50 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I managed to forget my camera so unless people email me through photos then I'm afraid there won't be anything on the past events pages. But at least I remembered the HTI projector and that was a close run thing as we nearly left without it. I've just had too much else going on to be able to concentrate on what was required for the convention which is a real shame but just the way life is nowadays.

As to whether the show was successful enough to encourage Keith to carry on still remains to be seen. At the moment all I can say is apart from one or two gripes (why do people keep feeling they need to moan at Keith after all the effort he puts in?) we were very happy with the way things went and the venue. It would have been nice if more people came along but we must be thankful to those who did, so thanks chaps and chappettes.

By the way, I had the 'Scope lenses set to 100ft so that tells you how far we were from the projection balcony to the 24ft screen. To get the results we did from Super 8, particularly in 'Scope, from that distance is incredible. A 6mm picture frame to a 24ft wide projected image of that quality from 100ft away is a major achievement.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 29, 2012 11:04 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pics.......... anyone?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted October 29, 2012 01:47 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you lads had a great day and spent a fortune on your films,
I can't see why anyone would moan at poor ol' Keith, he's only
a very enthusiastic amateur like the rest of us and does the
hobby proud.It takes a bit of organising and finding venues, but
the guy pulls it off.Well done Keith and John for putting it on for
the collectors, and giving your time and effort.

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2012 04:06 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a great day at the convention. Me & the wife had some doubts if we where going due to major events. Glad we did and the school was a very nice place and ideal for the convention. Nice to meet up with fellow collectors Michael, Mel and many folks we tend to talk to. Special Thanks to Keith Wilton for all the effort I know goes into these events. Also many thanks to John & Sue for bringing the HTI GS all the way from Cornwall & back, and for all the work, the early and late times they put in to help with the convention. Thanks to all the other team of helpers that most dont meet to put on this day. Moaning to Keith is such bad manners, and to these people I say why moan can you not appreciate the effort that goes in to making these conventions you attend. Keith deserves al the praise we can give including all the above mentioned that make these conventions reality.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2012 04:12 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well i enjoyed my time there also,The film shows i saw were great and still impressive on that large screen. The location was ideal and i Picked up a few bargains and met a few fellow collectors.Thanks to all involved for putting this event on and look forward to the next one,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2012 04:12 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks to Keith Wilton,John Clancy & co for another outstanding convention!!

The venue was great and very easily to get to from Ealing Broadway tube station which was a big plus for me.

I especially enjoyed the film shows and the highlight for me was the screening of the 2 vintage Derann digests originally edited by Keith Wilton The Mummys Shroud & Kingdom of the Spiders along with a good selection of Hammer film trailers.

The bring and buy was very busy with the biggest selection of super 8mm package movies I have seen at the BFCC for years!

Lets keeps our fingers crossed that the BFCC will continue on to 2013 too.

Cheers Mw

John Clancy-I have just emailed you a selection of photo's as promised

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2012 06:40 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What on earth was there to complain about ??

We had a good and varied programme of films on S8, 16 and 35mm which is no mean feat in itself and I thought the sound was better then the Town Hall, although that could be down to my new hearing aid [Smile]

[ October 30, 2012, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Mal Brake ]

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 29, 2012 08:38 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering the enormous amount of work that organising such a convention must take, moaning at Keith displays extreme insensitivity. If those responsible have anything constructive to offer, I suggest they volunteer to organise a convention next year!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2012 04:30 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
people dont realise without keith ,john there wouldnt be these conventions so we should be gratefull they could easely throw the towel in

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2012 04:51 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well some people could always do better even though they've never done anything themselves. I gather the main gripe was the catering was not good enough. Personally I'm thankful they agreed to come along and put some food on sale for us without which many would have starved!

In the main the comments Keith has received and heard about have been overwhelmingly positive.

Mark, I've put a couple of your snaps up and a few from Graham as well. Perhaps post those I haven't put on the bfcc.biz past events page up on this forum. And if anyone else has pictures of anything please email them through to me as we don't have much of a record of this event so far. Although some video may of course appear as Paul Garrick was filming with his pro equipment as were the University students who are making a documentary based on the day.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 30, 2012 06:58 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say that moaning about the catering is needless nit-picking. I was happy to be presented with a large hot dog and a cup of tea in seconds, and there were bacon rolls, cakes, etc on offer. It's unrealistic to expect a school to offer a range of meals on a Saturday and anyone wanting more could have popped out to the Ealing shopping area.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 30, 2012 07:59 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

The new photos are not showing up on the site. Should they be viewable now in "Past Events"?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 30, 2012 08:08 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

The pictures are up in Past Events, you might need to hit the reload option on your browser.

John, Congratulations to you and all on another great BFCC!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2012 10:31 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet if there was no food put on then that would have been wrong too!! I didn't eat there but saw a few people that did.Having food put on was a bonus along with a great event,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 30, 2012 10:48 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like it was a great event. That Classic Home Cinema display table looks fabulous. But where are some pics of Keith and John and the projection area? Was John Bird in attendance this year(such a nice chap)?

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 30, 2012 12:31 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done, guys!

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2012 01:46 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
John Bird was there. He was interviewed by students making a video recording of the event, recalling how he and Keith met and his continuing involvement with the BFCC.

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 30, 2012 01:58 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mal, great to know that John Bird is still circulating at the BFCC, the convention is all the better for his jovial presence. Wonder if he still does his 'Reels on Wheels' road shows.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC