8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Big Screen Time, Tadley SOON (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Big Screen Time, Tadley SOON
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2012 05:11 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday 31st of March is Geoff Wheeler's next Big Screen Time at Tadley. 10am-5pm, head to The William Penney Theatre at the AWE plant in Tadley, Hants, RG7 4PR. These details from Geoff:

There are all the usual dealers: Buckingham, Rake Films, Pinedene, The Cinema Musuem, Tony Hutchinson, Barry Littlechild & Patrick Moules. Plus of course "The Bring & Buy stall".

Three Film Presentations include Super 8 mm: new releases & old favourites. 16mm includes "Location, Location, Location" The "Waterloo" promo, backstage on "Navarone", on the set of "The Mirror Cracked" & "Flash, Bang Wallop" from "Half a Sixpence" In the afternoon "The Dream Factory" Plus of course The DVD Presentation on the SCOPE screen.

Worth supporting and I've always found superb bargains at this event. Free parking and licensed bar with hot & cold food make this event great for sitting down and chatting with collectors. You won't be sorry you attended!

|  IP: Logged

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2012 10:15 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to attending another Big Screen Time this year. Always an enjoyable day out at the Tadley convention.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2012 09:00 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...as I've never attended Tadley,for all the years I've been in the UK,& there won't be a spring BFCC, I'm considering going; how accessible to public transport is it though? I'll be taking the train from B'ham New Street-anyone knows any rail station close?

--------------------
Yannis

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2012 09:34 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I will be there too .Last time I was in Tadley I was lucky to buy two 16mm projector and few feature films very cheap.Geoff the organizer has lots of films and projectors for sale ,just phone and ask him for his list ,and perhaps you can reserve what you fancy to pick up there.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 11, 2012 09:55 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis - The nearest station is Basingstoke. From there you can get a bus (about a 25 min ride) that takes you within about 10 mins walk of the venue. I've done it myself so I know it's feasible! If you opt to give it a try, let me know and I'll provide more detailed info and links.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2012 08:08 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info Adrian, I saw that trains leaving Bham at 8.00 arrive at Basingstoke a bit after 10,so might be feasible for me to attend & would miss less than 1hr. Please advise further if you can....

cheers,

--------------------
Yannis

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 12, 2012 10:52 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon. Whats DVD? [Razz]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 14, 2012 03:32 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although it might seem one of the 'newer' events, Tadley projectionist Dave Locke has mentioned to me that the event coming up is actually the 36th Big Screen Time! I hadn't guessed it was so many, although of course there were two a year for a long period. So it's certainly a well-established and key date in the calendar for film collectors, and let's hope that continues to be the case. Good to see that some are doing everything possible to attend and if anyone else needs comprehensive public transport information, just let me know.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2012 07:06 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A reminder that this event is coming up THIS SATURDAY!

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2012 07:08 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So who is going next week then?

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2012 08:08 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 25, 2012 09:26 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there; a great day out and I'd hate to 'lose it' by not 'using it'!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2012 06:08 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...I'd love to be there,but unfortunately the travel info from Basingstoke Stn I was given (thanks again Adrian!)& given I'd be loaded with stuff for the B&B I'd say that's too hard a task... just wish it was more accessible [Frown]
...anyway have fun people!

--------------------
Yannis

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2012 10:29 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there!!

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 27, 2012 11:21 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, Mark, and Simon,
We never see any PICS of Tadley on the forums. Could you guys take some on Saturday and post them?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2012 11:53 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

I promise to take lots of pictures for you.

Cheers Mark

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 27, 2012 01:06 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark, looking forward to seeing them, and really wish I could be there. Could you try and get a close shot of Geoff Wheeler, and Dave Locke in the projection booth?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2012 03:38 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, Im hoping to go too. Will also take some pics.

There is a brilliant photo of Geoff and Dave in the projection booth on the BFCC website. Just scroll down to other film collector events and click on Tadley pictures 2005.

BFCC web page

Graham S

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2012 04:19 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a good day out in Tadley,I thought the turn out was good as well.Geoff Wheeler announced another event next year which is great news.Picked up a few films and met fellow collectors also as well as the film shows,Thanks to all for all the effort,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2012 02:56 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bugga! I completly missed this event but hope all those who did make it along (if you were able to buy fuel!!!!) had a great day.

Maybe next year...

Best,
Rick

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2012 12:36 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another great event yesterday!!

Here's a link to the new website

https://sites.google.com/site/bigscreentime/

I will post some pictures asap

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2012 06:10 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sad that I changed my mind at the last minute and did not go.

I'm deeply regretting it now [Frown]

But hey, Its back in 2013 so I will make sure I go next year [Smile]

Graham S

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 03, 2012 10:48 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to see collectors rallying round to support this, with attendees from the midlands, Wales, south coast etc. Some were at Tadley for the first time. It must have been the best attendance for a few years. I didn't spend a great deal but there were some gems on offer. You can't beat the Tadley Bring and Buy for a selection of diverse, unusual and obscure items that only seem to turn up there! The only irritation is the two guys that always sit near the front of the back section, on the right as you face the stage. They seem to talk almost non-stop and quite loudly through nearly everything and it wasn't the first time I've noticed this. We really need to silence them if it happens again!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2012 11:00 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,

Any chance you could post some pictures soon.

Still gutted that I did not attend so seeing some pics will make up for it.

Graham s

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2012 01:44 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here you go Graham

Sorry not many pictures this year as my battery failed on me and I forgot to take a spare!!

-

-

-

-

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC