8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Threading problem with a Eumig S720 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Threading problem with a Eumig S720
Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 12, 2012 05:18 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
As Martin rightly says the Eumigs use the "ball & disc" system
which over a period of over 40 years of film collecting I've never
had a problem with,unlike belts which can be a pain.Did you check the fuse Sarah,as this can be overlooked quite easily and
I'm sure Martin can guide you much better than myself as he
is an engineer.

|  IP: Logged

Sarah Fellows
Junior

- posted May 14, 2012 10:43 AM      Profile for Sarah Fellows   Email Sarah Fellows   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very curious indeed. Maybe I'm calling them the wrong thing. There were remnants of black rubber bands inside the projector that had perished, only bits were left stuck to what looked like smooth cogs. I just assumed they were drive bands of some sort - if they're not that then what are they?

We tested the current at various points and it all seemed fine electronically (so my husband tells me, I'm no expert at electronics). Is there something else we should be looking for?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 17, 2012 07:39 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Sarah,if you look further up the page you'll see EUMIG 720
where I asked fellow members if they had any info on this
particular machine,and Mr Maurice Leakey has very kindly
responded with same.

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2012 05:53 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And yes, Sarah, I was wrong!
See this thread...

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007100#000004

I would be pleased to try to get it running for you (you pay shipping both ways plus any parts required) at no charge for doing it. Or if you wish to sell it for what you paid (or less, preferably!!) I could be interested as it's what I do for fun now I'm retired. It would then be added to my collection of display items.
Contact me if of interest... PM or email.
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC