8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » DCR films (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: DCR films
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2013 07:04 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From DCR I have:
Scrooge
The 39 Steps (Kenneth More)
Days Of Thrills And Laughter
Green For Danger
Quite a few Look At Life
Advert reels

All were treated with 2:22 and are good sound and picture.

If you see any secondhand get them.

It was always a please to call Dave and order a film, another gentleman of the film world.

DCR also had the rights to the Gilbert & Sullivan opera films. Also I think Romulus Films "Sailor Beware" He also had quite a few RKO shorts too.

Sad if the negs have gone.

Hugh you should have bought "Scrooge"

Still a couple I need from DCR though.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2013 04:22 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Sheila Graber double bill and an Isle of Wight Look at Life from DCR.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2013 11:45 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He came up with a lost RKO short of The Glenn Miller Orchestra, at the beginning a voiceover announces that Glenn miller is missing and Tex Beneke has taken over . They were still hoping Glenn would turn up. The Miller family had a disagreement with Beneke and when The Glenn Miller Story was made he was written out of it.

Steve Ellison
Junior

- posted November 11, 2015 12:47 PM      Profile for Steve Ellison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've a glossy folded 'flyer' here for Daves release of Never Take Sweets From A Stranger(?). Must dig it out. There is also a flyer for the DCR release of Land Without Music.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2015 02:18 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
I was going through my collection on the weekend and I screened my copy of DCR's Ask a Policeman - which not only is a brilliant comedy - but the print and sound was excellent . I also have Oh Mr Porter, Convict 99 and the brilliant Alistair Sim comedy thriller Green for Danger. These prints are still of excellent quality - Dave West of DCR did release quality products.

David

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC