8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New full feature on Super 8mm "Modus Operandi" (2009)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New full feature on Super 8mm "Modus Operandi" (2009)
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 31, 2012 11:58 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea this full feature was released in 2009 and it is offered in super 8mm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180853980678

Yes it is one of a kind.

So who is going to spend $800 for 8,200' films [Smile]

Cheers,

[ April 01, 2012, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2012 02:00 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was first listed at $2000. Actually, it could be an interesting experience to compare with the original film, try to copy that cut, or attempt making a different cut even. The content of the feature could pose problems for some viewers though.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2012 03:14 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is almost 7 hours of footage? $800 is a super bargain price wise vs footage. $2,000 would not be out of line for that matter.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2012 03:28 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What it doesn't say (unless I missed it) is if it is negative or positive.....with a feature, I should imagine they'd be shooting Kodak negs and then transferring.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 01, 2012 04:47 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus, as the seller stating

quote:

The master reels are being sold for your private collection to watch in your own personal screening room.

I assume it is positive prints.

Guys, the funny thing with the original DVD release, it still has "Super 8mm" on the cover. So it just like what we used to have in 1970. Look at in this listing:

http://www.ebay.ca/ctg/Modus-Operandi-DVD-2012-/112282556

-

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2012 05:06 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being I like Danny Trejo & his 70's style...I will be getting this DVD. [Wink] I don't like it enough for 8200' of film though.

--------------------

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2012 07:28 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given I like low budget, bad acting, "B" movies I purchased the DVD. This one wasn't even that good. Is there anything lower than bad acting and "B" movies? LMFAO It seems every other scene, someone was either naked or half naked...and I still fell asleep a couple times. LMFAO again...As with some other Danny Trejo movies, the producers bought his name to sell the movie. He had very little to do with the film, and when he was in it, he seemed out of place IMHO.

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 18, 2012 07:56 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must say that although I haven't seen the feature, it's an extraordinary item to appear on eBay, even though it didn't sell. But even if someone enjoyed it so much that they were willing to re-create it in the same cut via the the Super 8 footage, the lack of sound would be a major drawback that would take a lot of additional expenditure to rectify!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC