8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Across the pond payment ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Across the pond payment ?
Bruce Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2012 04:13 PM      Profile for Bruce Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bruce Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I purchased two items from a seller in the United Kingdom and I can't figure out how to send payment via paypal. When I hit the "pay now" button a message, in red letters reads, you must provide a phone number with your address to have this item delivered. I added the phone number. Clicked the continue button. This info comes up:: subtotal: GBP 29.95 shipping & handling: GBP 14.45 Total GBP 44.40 I hit "continue" button,
and this takes me right back to the "red letters" you must etc.
Does palpal convert U.S. to GBP? Been five days since purchase,
and have not heard from seller. Sorry for the long post,still new at this.
[Confused]

--------------------
Bruce Wright

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 01, 2012 04:31 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paypal automatically converts payment. You will see the amount in USD and BPS after transaction is completed/

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 01, 2012 05:26 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember that Ebay is getting more paranoid with fraud from time to time. That is why a lot of policies come up lately that could not be understood by most of honest people.

I had the same experience with Bruce and I had to contact Ebay customers in person. Apparently, they could only have one phone number in their system to avoid any fraud. I told Ebay that it was my habit to send films to my colleagues live in the same country of the seller (a benefit being a foreign service with friends around the world [Razz] ). So of course I had to adjust the phone numbers from time to time.

So Ebay could take it and let me enter another numbers after the call.

So for your case Bruce, it might be that you registered under different phone numbers you entered recently. So the system rejected with a suspicion someone with your Ebay ID was trying to cheat the seller.

Good luck

--------------------
Winbert

Bruce Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2012 05:03 PM      Profile for Bruce Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bruce Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a mess. Spent 4 days, 5 if you count today, trying to pay for this purchase. So today the seller files for non-payment. I hit the response button and lo-an-behold paypal worked. Now considering the cost of office help the total cost has increased by 400%. Been doing business here for 22 years. This was first and last purchase from outside the USA. If it ain't broke you ain't trying hard enough!

--------------------
Bruce Wright

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 04, 2012 02:24 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds irritating but I wouldn't let the experience and an over-hasty seller put you off permanently. I'd guess that around half of my numerous eBay film purchases have been from overseas and they are not generally more problematic from a buyer's point of view.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 04, 2012 02:57 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Adrian there. I've had a lot of ebay purchases from the US and had no problems I can recall.
Geez, that seller was a bit quick with his non-payment file, wasn't he? 5 days???

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC