8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 5 Convention This Weekend!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CineSea 5 Convention This Weekend!
Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 03, 2012 11:06 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thrilled at the emails I've received from Forum members who are coming/hoping to attend our Film Collectors Convention in Wildwood, New Jersey on May 5th and 6th. I'm really looking forward to two days of projectors whirring and getting the chance to talk about 8mm! Steve Osborne is bringing both new releases and rarely seen films. The dealer tables look like they'll be piled high with film and equipment. The amusement park on the boardwalk will be open and did I mention Shorty Caruso will be there to answer any and all questions about Blackhawk Films?

The details:

Saturday, May 5th and Sunday, May 6th, 2012

The Ocean Holiday Resort
6501 Ocean Avenue
Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260
609-729-2900 (mention "Film Show" to receive special rate of $65.00 per room)
Reserve early to get Oceanfront rooms with private balconies!

Admission: $5.00, free to those who are staying at the Ocean Holiday.
Hours: Saturday 10 – 6, Sunday 9 - 3. After a dinner break on Saturday there will be screenings till ……whenever!

Dealers:
6 foot dealer tables are available for $20. You can rent as many as you like. Compared to other shows, this is an incredibly low price. The cost of a table is so low that if you've got any films you'd like to part with it makes sense to get a table and bring them to the show.

Forum member Lou Franchetti will be there and as usual his tables will be stacked with 8mm and 16mm. To reserve a table you can email/PM me or Lou.

Directions:
From North; Garden State Parkway to Exit 4, follow Rio Grande Ave to end. Right on Ocean Ave. Follow to Ocean Holiday on left 6501 Ocean Ave. From West and South;Rt 76 (east) or Rt 95 (north) to Walt Whitman Bridge. Follow Rt. 42 to Atlantic City Expressway. Take Exit 7 (Garden St Parkway South) Follow same as north.

I hope you can make it!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 03, 2012 01:04 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DAM***********MIT!

Why do these womnderful things come up when we don't have the cash to just take off and go! Just once JUST ONCE ... we'd like to attend one of these events!!!!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2012 02:17 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

Lets all hope your 'Empire' film sells quickly then you will have the cash to go [Wink]

Graham S

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2012 10:16 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
All the best for a successful event -- I'll be there in spirit, and will definitely make one of the future events.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 04, 2012 03:28 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This 'big gun' won't be there, so any questions about Blackhawk, relegate them to me later or beforehand - Sorry Shorty

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2012 04:00 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, dang, Shorty....we count on you, you know...maybe plans can change? [Smile]

Osi, will you finally get your bee-hind up on the Jersey shore [Big Grin]
Take the Greyhound if nothing else works. I pay $39 bucks round trip from DC; how bad can it be?

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 02, 2012 01:35 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there on Sunday so if anyone has a copy or sees one of the Full Length Raiders of the Lost Ark please hold it for me. [Smile]
Thanks!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 03, 2012 08:03 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a wonderful weekend of film!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 03, 2012 10:38 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be a blast if you'd join us someday, Lee!

-wouldn't mind an autograph on my "Cinema in Miniature" either!

For myself, my status is still "no". My son is participating in a county-wide science fair that weekend which happens to be at the Lab where I work, and he got there by winning the one at school.

He's growing up pretty fast, so I can't miss times like these.

-still the same, I wish I could be in Wildwood!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC