8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Dual 8mm film viwer/editor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dual 8mm film viwer/editor
Bruce Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2012 09:04 PM      Profile for Bruce Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bruce Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my assistants just stopped by to pick up some film to splice. She said to stop complaining (as usual she is correct) and get her a dual 8mm film viewer/editor. So does anyone have such an item with directions? I see several on ebay @ goko p-65, sears 9381, baia 120 and a 170. any suggestions? Or do I just pick one. Thanks for past help.

--------------------
Bruce Wright

|  IP: Logged

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2012 10:38 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a BAIA. I like it alot, but the only hitch is that when the bulb needs replacing I have to send the whole lamp assembly (which is quite small) out to have a new bulb re-soldered to the base. It's not expensive, but I don't know how long the service will be available. Other than that it works fine.

Bruce Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2012 11:54 AM      Profile for Bruce Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bruce Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brad: Thanks for the reply. Just bought a baia ediviewer dual 8mm off ebay for a good price. I'm pretty good at repairing electronics(50 years exp.) so the bulb should not be a problem. Thanks again for the info. It came at just the right time. [Smile]

--------------------
Bruce Wright

Bruce Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 03:55 PM      Profile for Bruce Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bruce Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Brad: Just got my baia ediviewer today. Just 3 days from New York to Louisiana is good service. The baia come in the orginal box with instructions and it works! Now I have to go to work @ one of my helpers [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bruce Wright

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC