8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 5 Trailer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CineSea 5 Trailer
Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2012 10:59 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we now have an official "coming attractions" trailer for CineSea 5 on May 5-6 this year.

I made this using stills and some Super-8 footage from previous meets. The original idea was to get a professional narrator, but with the time crunch, that couldn't get done, so you'll just have to live with my efforts in that regard [Smile]

Please spread the word for the show and pass this link around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt-F28kuet8

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

|  IP: Logged

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2012 11:43 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Claus, This is fantastic.Thank you
Leon

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted April 19, 2012 12:14 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, my apologies for not being available to narrate

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2012 12:30 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's ok, Joe, we talked about you doing it and there was also someone else who was a possibility, but with time running out on this, I just banged it out as best I could [Smile]

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 19, 2012 12:50 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's excellent, Claus. Well done.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 19, 2012 01:04 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have quite a nice voice there Claus! Very nice trailer and wonderful seeing the assorted collectors we all know and love!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2012 02:22 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clause that was great, but your Cinesea trailer looks like its fading a bit. What films stock is it on?

[Razz] JUST KIDDING!!

Honestly, that was a CLASS-A job and beautiful narration! I'm trying my very best to make it there this time (it'll be my first).

Thanks again!

James.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 19, 2012 03:07 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus that was excellent, very well done.

Graham. [Smile]

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2012 04:27 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terrific job Claus! Makes me wish I still lived in New Jersey. I used to take the Garden State Parkway down to the shore. Wish I could afford to go now...

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 19, 2012 04:43 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Claus. A job well done. Deserving of an Oscar nomination at least. [Wink]

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2012 06:05 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Awesome Claus. A job well done. Deserving of an Oscar nomination at least.
What do you mean by nomination Pat? That's a sure winner!

Great job Claus, actually it's magnificent - magnifique - Magnifico - prachtig - kahanga-hanga - Μεγαλοπρεπή - indah - великолепный.

I'm sure you get the picture. [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

Jon

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2012 07:19 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Such calm and humility in that voice, Claus. There was some discussion of forum awards. A Morgan Freeman award for the Best Voiceover is easily yours. [Smile]

With all the talk of the narration, I'd just like to add that I liked the video very much as well.

[ April 19, 2012, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Akshay Nanjangud ]

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2012 09:30 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say thank you for all the kind remarks; I am glad you enjoyed the video. For future shows, we could certainly re-rig it with new shots and make it a bit of a template for advertizing the event, if people feel this would be appropriate.

The thing about CineSea is, once you've gone and enjoyed it, you walk away remembering the show, but also remembering Wildwood as this marvellous piece of leisure history with the boardwalk, the piers, the general mood...the 50/60es feel of it.

Let's spread the word so people come [Smile]

Claus.

--------------------

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2012 10:06 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow , Claus this was Excellent done like a real pro, maybe in the future we will run it on T.V

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2012 01:15 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SPECTACULAR!!!! Wonderful job. Wish someone could put it up on the 16mm forum so more people would know about it. I wouldn't know how to begin.

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2012 03:48 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Gary.

I'll see if I can load it over there now.

Claus.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 30, 2012 09:23 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like we'll have nice weather this weekend for CineSea. One side of the event area opens up to face the beach (across the street) and get the breeze from the Atlantic Ocean!
To all: Please, please try to take part in the fun on Saturday.

CineSea 5 information.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC