8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST-1200HD "SC-002" Adapter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST-1200HD "SC-002" Adapter
Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2012 05:54 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I just got an SC-002 Elmo adapter so that I can add an 8ohm extension speaker. What do I have to do to make that work? What size male plug do I use for the female end of the adapter 1/4?

And do I need to use a certain type of extension speaker for that for the connection on the back of the speaker?
And help on the matter would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Roger [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Bruce Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2012 09:07 PM      Profile for Bruce Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bruce Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roger: The sc-002 elmo adapter, is the wire and male connection
grey with a black 1/4 female connection on other end with length about 7 1/2 inches ? If so, here is my set-up. Go to Radio Shack and get a "Y" adapter. Be sure it has a 1/4 inch mono male and two 1/4 inch mono female connections. Also pick up two 1/4 inch mono male plugs. These plugs need to have screw off bodies so you can connect the speaker wire. Speaker wire(I got 60 feet of clear) according to how far away you want the speakers. You will need to solder the wire to the male plugs, the tabs will not hold. OR YOU COULD just get one mono male plug(screw on body) and connect the speaker wires to it, connect speaker to other end. PLug the mono male plug into your adapter,adapter into the Ext sp. And turn up the sound!
The first method allows for two 8 ohm speakers.

--------------------
Bruce Wright

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2012 10:14 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bruce,
Thanks for helping me and taking the time to respond to my questions! I'm off to Radio Shack before they close!

Thanks again for all your help Bruce!
Roger [Smile]

David Singer
Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2013 08:19 PM      Profile for David Singer   Author's Homepage   Email David Singer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Roger, I see that about 1-1/2 years ago, you acquired an Elmo SC-002 extension speaker adapter, how did you go about finding that?

Thanks

--------------------
David Singer

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2013 09:47 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello David,

I see we are neighbors! The plug as I can remember I found on flea Bay but I also ended up finding an Elmo extension speaker for my ST-1200HD which I use to travel with.

My home theatre set-up I run the sound through my stereo system w/three speakers and it kicks butt!
RS
P.S. A good friend of mine who lives in Sedona is a professional musician and plays everywhere in sedona and maybe you heard of him or heard his music? His name is Bill Barnes?

David Singer
Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2013 06:28 AM      Profile for David Singer   Author's Homepage   Email David Singer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your reply Roger, after searching eBay and not finding a SC-002, I did locate the male end connector, the part that goes into the projector (called a 2 pin DIN), on line for $0.99 plus shipping from an electrical supplier in Wash. state. I will have to attach the speaker wire to it but not a big deal.

I do not know Bill Barnes but will certainly check him out. Next time you will be in Sedona, send me a PM if you would like to meet for coffee.

Regards

--------------------
David Singer

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2013 09:35 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,

Glad you found one so cheap because you would have paid more for one on ebay. If my wife and I ever make it to Sedona I will let you know I sometimes travel to Sedona to do magic shows up there but so far nothing on the books yet.

Thanks & Have a Magical Day!
RS

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC