8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » scan request

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scan request
Tim Robinson-Ayer
Junior

- posted April 22, 2012 07:31 AM      Profile for Tim Robinson-Ayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone posted earlier on the forums requesting scans of any old 8mm catalogs that had westerns. The finished scan is too large to email so I am posting it to rapidshare. I thought I would post the link here in case any one else was interested. I scanned the cover of the catalog, the table of contents and the page with the western titles and turned it into a pdf. I'd be happy to help others with scans, I work a lot and have a 15 month old son scooting about the house so sometimes it takes me a while to complete requests. The scans may look a little bit off kilter, the original document was printed misaligned and I tried to compensate for this when scanning.

Rapidshare

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 27, 2012 08:38 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

Thanks for the scans. Rob van Haaren was looking for these so I'll mention it in his thread.

I use to go this store as a kid. I was astounded at this wonderland of films!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2012 04:47 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wish you could do a monochrome scan of the full catalog. That's cool stuff.

Tim, what would the date on it have been?

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 27, 2012 06:48 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim

The scans are awesome. Thanks for the effort.

Pat

Tim Robinson-Ayer
Junior

- posted April 27, 2012 08:03 PM      Profile for Tim Robinson-Ayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone.
I have good news and bad news for everyone interested. The full catalog (just under 100 pages) is scanned and assembled as a pdf. It came out generally pretty good - apologies to the earlier poster, it isn't monochrome but the actual catalog in all it's faded glory.
My goal is to share it out but it's about 280 megabytes in size. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good free file sharing site that i could post it on? I used to use Rapidshare for a lot of things I put out for sharity but since the megaupload/filesonic etc., fiasco earlier this year Rapidshare has straightjacketed download speeds for anyone who doesn't have an account with them to 30kbs and I don't think that is fair for me to impose on anyone. I am open to suggestions and will post it when I figure out where.

there isn't a date anywhere on the catalog but I'm inferring 1979. The Buck Rogers digest is mentioned on the back cover and it's the 200' color/sound reel which memory tells me was the extended theatrical trailer. The empire Strikes Back is not mentioned anywhere so it is certainly pre-1980.

Update - i just tried creating a mediafire account as I have heard good things about them. The have a file size cap of 200mb. I am going the Rapidshare route. It's pretty easy to open a free account with them which will bypass the d/l speed cap. The document is an olde catalog so I don't think anyone will consider this a copyright issue. I will post a d/l link when it is done uploading.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 27, 2012 08:50 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim

Thanks for all your work. I am going to open an acct. right now. Looking forward to d/l and viewing the catalog.

Pat [Eek!]

Tim Robinson-Ayer
Junior

- posted April 27, 2012 09:53 PM      Profile for Tim Robinson-Ayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Select Films Catalog (Circa 1979)

Here it is. For some of you this will be a trip down memory lane. enjoy. Rapidshare was uploading this at about 40kbs and it took about 90 minutes to upload if that helps you guesstimate a d/l time. Some of the pages were a bear to scan, the alignment was all over the place on the original pieces of paper which were not cut square.

Andrew Long
Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2012 07:03 AM      Profile for Andrew Long   Email Andrew Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

Well done and thanks. The catalog is excellent.

Andy

Tim Robinson-Ayer
Junior

- posted April 28, 2012 07:54 AM      Profile for Tim Robinson-Ayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite parts is the lease agreement (which IIRC would have expired by now) on the Chaplin Films.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 28, 2012 02:56 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know what is the max file be uploaded but google jas sharing file as well called "google document".

As you are aware there is no any issue on the speed as well as most of us havr already google based accounts such as gmail, youtube, googlegroups, picassa, etc so you can join directly.

On google documents you can place pdf and let it open so anyone can see/download.

Cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Tim Robinson-Ayer
Junior

- posted April 28, 2012 03:40 PM      Profile for Tim Robinson-Ayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Wilbert. Learn something new everyday. I'll have to explore that for some of the docs that I share out.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 28, 2012 06:31 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim

I d/l the complete catalog 17:31sec. Thanks for making it available here. I am even going to print it and bind it. Awesome reading.

PatD

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC