8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What this (German) seller was trying to say

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What this (German) seller was trying to say
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 24, 2012 02:08 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching one listing of Bruce Lee. It was so tempting, there were 2 complete Bruce Lee and 1 incomplete.

I didn't place my bid unfortunately because his statement:

quote:
Über den Zustand der Filme kann ich nix sagen da ich beim nachspielen einzelner Handlungen der Filme,den Projektor in 1000 Einzelteile zerwichst habe-jetzt muß notgedrungen mein Hund die Todeskralle ertragen. . .
in which google translator say:

quote:
About the state of the films I can say nothing when I replay the actions of individual films,
zerwichst the projector in 1000-have items now must perforce endure my dog's death claw. . .

What actually he was trying to say.?..and what dog's death claw mean?

Here is the original listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=221001444768

Too bad I didn't bid, it was sold only for Eur 24...!

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 24, 2012 02:48 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it might be a play on words Winbert like one of the styles
of Kung Fu being "tiger claw"

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2012 02:49 PM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, the seller's text is complete nonsense. Later in his statement, he says the prints are sold as "Sperrmüll", which means "garbage". I think you were right not to bid on these items.

Joerg

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2012 03:28 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He says:
I can´t say anything about the condition, because as I played parts of the storyline of the movie, my projector was broken in 1000 parts. Now my dog have to bear the death claw.

In german is Bruce Lee´s nickname the death claw, in english you call him dragon.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 25, 2012 08:49 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys,

I don't understand what was the seller's point to put those non-sense sentences... is this some kind of joke...?

--------------------
Winbert

Christian Schatz
Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2012 01:11 PM      Profile for Christian Schatz   Email Christian Schatz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a joke. He says, that as he was re-enacting the storyline of the movie, he demolished his 8mm projector, so that he can't test the film anymore and can't tell something about the condition. ;o) He was acting like Bruce Lee and wrecked his projector. And because of that, now his dog has to suffer of his Bruce Lee re-enacting. ;o)

--------------------
KINOTON FP30D w/ 1kW Xenon & FP30 w/ 1.6kW Xenon
BAUER SONOLUX II w/ 36V/400W Halogen
CARL ZEISS TK35/52 w/ 36V/400W Halogen
ELMO ST-1200D M&O 24V/250W Mod with Schneider Lens 1.1 / 11-25

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 26, 2012 09:56 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK...now I got the joke [Big Grin]

But lucky I didn't bid because after analyzing his photo, I was wrong. There was only 1 complete (4 reelers "Bruce Lee Shanghai"), while the other were not (missing one reel or two reels).

No wonder is sold only for EURO 24. The "Shanghai" is the most common in Bruce Lee 4 reelers, isn't it?

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC