8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My 8mm DIY telecine experiences

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My 8mm DIY telecine experiences
Nick Whitehead
Junior

- posted April 25, 2012 04:50 AM      Profile for Nick Whitehead   Email Nick Whitehead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently put together a telecine transfer system based around a Sankyo Dualux 1000.

If anyone is interested in reading what was done, what worked and what didn't - possibly as a prelude to their own attempts - the details can be found here.

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 25, 2012 08:55 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen your sample "Ferrari in the Paddock"...

You should use a "de-shaking" program to make it more professional look. I think it is cheap now. Even youtube has one for free.

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2012 05:11 PM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nick, excellent post - I have bookmarked it and will try to digest the info fully (over a long period of time -I'm a slow reader),
John

Nick Whitehead
Junior

- posted April 27, 2012 03:00 AM      Profile for Nick Whitehead   Email Nick Whitehead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You should use a "de-shaking" program to make it more professional look
Thanks for your comments. Yes I know what you mean. There are actually lots of things one could do - sharpening / unsharp masking for a start. I was torn between whether to apply a lot of post processing, or to leave the films as they are on the grounds that it represents the original best.

In the end I decided on the latter - but I guess that's just me.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC