8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Old Film Company

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Old Film Company
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 30, 2012 04:04 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone tell me who is behind this company? Has anyone had any dealings with them and could give any kind if recommendation, there web site is actually quite good and they seem to have a fair amount of films and equipment for sale.

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 30, 2012 04:39 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been in touch with them Tom some months ago about a
couple of films I am after(the ad should have been in the new mag) and it is run by a chap by the name of Rik Greening who
was very nice and helpful.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 30, 2012 04:53 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.theoldfilmcompany.com/

This is the first I've heard of these guys.

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2012 05:38 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've ordered from Rik a couple of times.
Both times films were great and so was his service.
Cheers
Terry

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 02, 2012 06:39 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought a TV episode of The Incredible Hulk from them, great copy. [Big Grin]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 03, 2012 11:31 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the feedback, always good to purchase when you know others are positive about the company. [Wink]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 03, 2012 01:20 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems that some of the prices are kind of high. "Hoppity Goes to Town" is listed as "C" grade, but 49 pounds is the price, and it's certianly not worth that at that price, (granted, that's my personal opinion) ...

However, if he has a completely unfaded print of "Ben Hur" the 3X400ft cineavsion version, it could well get that 99 pound price, as all copies of that 3X400ft version I have seen have had varying degrees of fade!

(gee, it makews me that much prouder of that fact that I bought Ben Hur, the full scope feature, for 200.00 a few years back!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC