8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Battlestar Galactica full feature on super 8?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica full feature on super 8?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 07, 2012 01:12 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope that this isn't a case of someone knowingly (or perhaps unknowingly) passing off the two, 2X400ft battlestar digests as a 4X400ft feature of Battlestar Galactica ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bttlestar-Galactica-Th e-Movie-Super-8mm-sound-Movie-4-Reels-/190674338991?pt=US_Film&hash=item2c651384af

... I mean, it's possible that Universal 8 could have done so, (though at 4X400ft, it still would be considered a "digest" as that would only run about 75 minutes and the feature was over two hours long), releasing a "mini feature of this ...

... but the fact that the seller, (I don't know who they are) states that they are Universal 8, and that there were two 2X400ft digests, (with a third 2X400ft digest released overseas of "Galactica 1980"), then it's more of a chance that it's just the two widely known digests put together in plain boxes.

If that's the case and the seller doesn't know that, then you can't blame them ...

... if they do know that they are merely digests being pawned off as a "mini-feature", then shame on them.

Perhaps our own Doug could verify if there was in fact a 4X400ft version of "Battlestar Galactica" released?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 07, 2012 01:17 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

I'm aware only of the three 2x400' releases you mentioned, along with a shorter 400' version of the first one.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 07, 2012 01:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Doug. It was also slightly suspicious that the beginnings of at least two of the reels, (which may have had the seperate Universal 8 titles and "Mission Galactica" on them, which would mean a deliberate hoax), are also missing ...

So, for whoever wins this (as it's up at over 100 dollars now), if they are members of this forum, please inform us as to the contents on the last two reels especially, and if it's the last two reels of the four that have the missing stuff.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 14, 2012 01:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was glad to see that the seller relisted this properly ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-Galactica-Super-8mm-film-2-x-400-Color-Sound-VERY-RARE-/160800499539?pt=US_Film&hash=item257074e753

... and the color on it is certainly not bad.

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 15, 2012 02:18 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd gladly settle for all my Universal releases having colour as good as that one! Considering it must be at least 30 years since any U8 films were printed, it makes me wonder if ones as good have this have all been kept in cool environments, or if perhaps some are more stable and simply are not as prone as others to fading.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2012 11:01 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting box art though; very different from all the copies I've seen or owned.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 16, 2012 12:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's just my guess, but I bet that this is a Kodak SP copy, instead of eastman. I have this two parter, on Kodak SP, and the color hasn't faded a bit, and the color doesn't look too shabby on this print as well.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC