8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 5 Pictures

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CineSea 5 Pictures
Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2012 05:08 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, someone dim the lights, the slideshow is starting...

-

While the weather was a bit iffy this time, Friday was gorgeous:

-

And the ritual began again...but some people can't even wait for load-in to finish [Big Grin]

-

As always, John's table... add a big drink from WaWa and a Keystone 109 projector and you'd practically expect him to walk through the door again:

-

Lou's tables were groaning with good stuff:

-

This "Wizard" print was a saved bandsaw print that both looked and ran very well:

-

In addition to great familiar faces, our friend and supplier Steve Osborne made the looong drive from Ohio (with his family) to grace us with his presence:

-

More to come, as I am running up against the file limit. When someone comments on this, I will continue the thread here so it's all conveniently in one place.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 08, 2012 05:26 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bring 'em on, Claus!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2012 06:34 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug was busy as usual with his GS-1200 Xenon:

-

Loyal trooper Gary Crawford was there with some excellent 'scope Super-8 features and excerpts:

-

There's nothing like a JAN projector to keep rollin' em until the cows come home [Smile]

-

Mr. Capazzo once again made terrific espresso for anyone who wanted:

-

In place of the famous (!) Heurtier projector he's got, Doug brought this interesting Fujica Standard-8 sound machine. I personally would not wish to have had anything to drink before trying to thread that soundpath without instructions.... [Eek!]

-

The room was soon full of the sounds of many projectors running at the same time:

-

That's it for this upload. Stay tuned...

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 08, 2012 08:06 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do tell!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2012 11:09 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OOOOH Me likey...Doug wanna sell the Fujica?

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Vincent Zabbia
Master Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2012 06:20 AM      Profile for Vincent Zabbia   Author's Homepage   Email Vincent Zabbia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Pictures....Wish I was there....

--------------------
Vincent Zabbia

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2012 07:31 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Clause! Excellent photography as usual. I wish I had taken some pictures too, but it was my first visit, and I was just too caught up in the moment [Smile] . I was glad Steve Osborne made his first visit as well.

James.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 09, 2012 09:40 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More pics please!

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2012 11:06 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is always nice to have a fellow collector there who is also a shooter. That's a Beaulieu 6008....one of the serious ones.

-

To anyone who thinks this isn't a family hobby, I suggest they bring their kids to Wildwood and have a chat with Lou and his son:

-

Among the offerings, some nice vintage magazines:

-

My "Hitchcock moment" [Big Grin]
Gary Crawford very kindly agreed to drive me back to DC, and between listening to "Johnny Dollar" radio shows and singing along to doo-wop, it was a blast:

-

We had a lot of 16mm this time:

-

The JAN 16mm in action. We had everything from cartoons through educationals, features and soundies:

-

That's it for that batch. A final few to go.

Claus.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 09, 2012 11:15 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terrific pictures Claus!

It was wonderful meeting Steve Osborne, James Savage and their families. Everyone was in high spirits at the group dinner and it's always fascinating to pick up little snippets of conversation involving prints, projectors and "remember that collector who...."

The evening screening: Steve brought two full reels of both new and rare Super 8 films, including gorgeous German sourced Disney prints and a must have trailer for "Ed Wood". Other 8mm and 16mm films screened included "So You Want an Apartment" one of the Joe McDoakes Behind the Eight Ball series, the monster film mash up "Rendezvous", a segment from an Alice Cooper concert and a hilarious short about one poor chap's misadventures with a pay toilet! The screenings went till 1 AM, finishing up with a beautiful print of "The Music Box".

As always, we toasted John Black for creating this super event.

Please make plans to join in on the fun when CineSea returns to Wildwood on Saturday October 13th.

-

-

-

-

-

-
The fine publication Classic Images kindly contributed samples for attendees.

-
Another view of the Fujica. Sorry Dino, this one isn't for sale. How else could I watch the Standard 8mm Derann feature print of Psycho that I picked up here?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2012 12:25 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus had to get me making espresso!!!

I should have told you to take a couple of pics of me on the beach with my metal detector at 6AM. I didn't find any coins, but I did find a couple of metal Goldberg 16mm reels just 4" below the surface...

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2012 12:32 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry I missed seeing your Fujica in action, Doug; "Psycho" in Reg-8 with sound....wow.

CineSea is truly starting to feel like "family":

-

Saturday night meant the film dinner. Good fun, food and drink:

-

Then came the after-dinner screenings. We had excellent red wine, beer and soda to add to the festivities:

-

As Doug mentioned, an eclectic mix of films ran well into the night:

-

-

I came to CineSea rather broke, so I had sworn not to buy anything...yeah, right [Roll Eyes]
I went home even more broke, but with a nice 16mm print of "Freaks."

-

So there you have it. CineSea 5; a warm and wonderful gathering.

PLEASE START MAKING YOUR PLANS NOW SO YOU CAN ATTEND ON OCTOBER 13. There were more of us this time, but given our love of the hobby, the convention room should have been packed. Do your very best to try to get to Wildwood in the fall.

See you by the sea....

-

Claus.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 09, 2012 01:21 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice photos, fellas.
[Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 09, 2012 08:44 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So glad to hear that there is going to be a CineSea in October, so that dead beats like myself will have another opportunity to try and get there. It all looks , and sounds, great.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2012 10:57 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice pics. I hope I last long enough in this hobby to make it to a few of these.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 10, 2012 02:52 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's so nice to see everyone joining in, having a great time and very nice pictures. Well done to you all.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC