8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The GS1200 Xenon Projector Restoration Project (PT1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The GS1200 Xenon Projector Restoration Project (PT1)
Desmond Godwin
Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2012 10:50 AM      Profile for Desmond Godwin   Author's Homepage   Email Desmond Godwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the past few months i have been restoring an Elmo GS 1200 Xenon Projector that had been left to finish its days in an old
warehouse. The project is on-going and almost compleated. During the project i have kept a photo diary of the restoration work. In place of posting too many pics onto the forum i have compiled some video\slideshows. The link below will take you to Part 1 of the project.
:Desmond

https://vimeo.com/42016730

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 12, 2012 12:30 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great video Desmond!...The suspense is killing me to see the next chapter in your restoration [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Desmond Godwin
Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2012 03:35 PM      Profile for Desmond Godwin   Author's Homepage   Email Desmond Godwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] Thanks Janice for comment.. Im trusting you will be able to hold out until Part 2 arrives? coz its me that has the suspense of having to piece it all together! [Roll Eyes]

Desmond..

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 13, 2012 10:02 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. That is incredibly fascinating. I took out the motor control board once to repair it but I did not have the courage to go to the length that you have. I applaud your desire to restore that great machine back to its original glory. I am waiting for part 2 as well!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 13, 2012 09:31 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, we knew there are two members in this forum who are dare to strip a GS1200, they are Ugo and now... you.

BTW, text to speech program is so perfect. Is this a free software?

--------------------
Winbert

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 13, 2012 10:50 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent video. Looking forward to the sequel. A labor of love. [Wink]

Desmond Godwin
Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2012 10:21 AM      Profile for Desmond Godwin   Author's Homepage   Email Desmond Godwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tkns Pasquale for comment I just LOVE working on the GS1200 Xenon. Its a fantastic projector. Its very close to been compleated and the videos might just stretch into 3 parts? Depending on a successful outcome i hope to have 'live' video of the projector running. Currently i have a lotta pics taken during the renovation and last year i had been saying to Douglas
that rather than post a stack of pics on the forum i would do a video\slideshow.So true to form Part 1 is on View. Part 2 will follow soon..
[Smile] Desmond

Desmond Godwin
Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2012 02:28 PM      Profile for Desmond Godwin   Author's Homepage   Email Desmond Godwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert The 'text to speech ' is IBM part of purchased hardware.The selected voice is called AL. The program came with a Sound card. It works OK but a change of word is sometimes needed for it to sound property!( change to 'sound correct') I admire Ugo for the work he does on the Elmos. He has helped me out on the project along with 'Mister Elmo' (let you guess who that is?) I will give credit to these guys on my closing video.

[Smile] Desmond

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC