8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » EUMIG S720

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EUMIG S720
Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 15, 2012 08:50 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone on this forum have any knowledge of the layout
mechanically of the EUMIG S720 eg any belts etc

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 17, 2012 10:50 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a collector of long standing I thought I knew all the Eumig models but the S720 was a new one on me. So, it was necessary to do some research which may interest fellow members.

In 1970 Kodak introduced the silent Super 8 Ektagraphic 120-F which used their new cartridge system to make the loading and threading a projector much easier. It used one holding 50 feet and a further cartridge holding 100 feet. The model was upgraded as the Supermatic which could hold more film, 220 feet and 400 feet cartridges were now used.

A year later, in 1971, Eumig went one (two?) better with a sound cartridge projector which could also accommodate a feed spool. This was the 711 (and 711 R.)

The S720 is not mentioned in Juergen Lossau's excellent "Movie Projectors" but I found one on the Internet called the Eumig Mark-S-720 Electronic Cartridge Projector.

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/eumig-mark-s-720-elctronic-film-projektor/28212972

Looking at the photos this appears to be an improved version of the 711/711 R.

Does any member have any more information on this obviously short-live projector?

--------------------
Maurice

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 17, 2012 07:31 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankyou very much for that Maurice, It isn't for me,but one of
our members,who was having difficulties with her machine.I must
admit it's one I haven't come across.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 18, 2012 02:28 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh, yes, I read all that. The lady was having great problems.

I translated the sales listing using "Bing" and it gives the impresssion that the S720 is dual gauge (it mentions rollers), perhaps that may have the problem. But on-line translations often have a mind of their own!

Of course, the advertiser may have got it wrong.

Hoping that a Forum member may shed some more light on this mystery model.

--------------------
Maurice

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2012 03:51 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooops! I got it wrong therefore! Further searching on the net brought up a site that offers the belts... so not a "ball and disc".
http://www.kunee-instruments.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=184&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=15&lang=en&vmcchk=1&Itemid=15

Also it would appear that it is for cartridges, not spools.
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 18, 2012 03:56 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin
I believe the top feed spindle pulls upwards on an arm which will then accommodate spools.

--------------------
Maurice

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 18, 2012 05:20 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got to hand it to you two gents,Sherlock and Watson of the
collectors Forum.Well done.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 18, 2012 06:13 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I blush.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC