8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Differences In Eumig 800 Series Projectors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Differences In Eumig 800 Series Projectors
Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2012 11:25 AM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had several 800 series projectors and have noticed several minor differences. I used to think it was the difference between the different models. However, I've had two 807D and noticed that they differed a bit. I was wondering if anybody had some insight into whether they just changed these over time and what options were newer and which are the older. Also did they produce the 802, 804, 807, 810 all at the same time or did they kind of phase out one model and start making the next? Also what is the difference between the 802 and the 807. I've had both those and they seemed the exact same.
Here are a few of the differences I noticed between my two 807 D projectors. (some of these pictures are from my 804 to illustrate because I don't have my one 807 anymore).

The one had a different way to adjust the lens focus then the other . Which also made the lens different (the one has a slot and the other has a bump).
 -
 -
Another difference is the one had a slot in in the front so you can clip the end of the film (also I've seen 810s that have this and mine does not).
 -
 -
Also another difference is that my one had two sets of sprockets for super 8 and standard 8mm and the other one had the 8mm sprockets built right on the machine and one set of super 8 sprockets.
The last difference I noticed I'm not certain about but as my memory recalls the one had the extra film gate clipped into the lid and the other one has the slot in the machine for it.
 -

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 29, 2012 05:55 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Eumig did update the original designs slightly on models with one modification not really improving the design which was the dreaded lens focus system. The 824 model had a small pin on the lens itself instead of the earlier and better system with locating pin at the end of the focus knob. Over the years the later lenses small pin will have worn and in some cases focusing is near impossible. It’s a good idea to put a very small amount of suitable grease on the little pin to help stave off friction wear as well. Later models had a larger transformer, better amplification and cosmetic tweaks in an attempt to improve the range with existing tooling.

Alexander Lechner
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2012 08:19 AM      Profile for Alexander Lechner   Email Alexander Lechner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of the lenses have the "bump" on the one side and a slit on the opposite side to be fitted into either system.

--------------------
Alex

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC