8mm Forum

my profile | my password | register | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » THE EUMIG CINE PROJECTOR OWNERS CLUB

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE EUMIG CINE PROJECTOR OWNERS CLUB
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 03:47 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are the owner of a Eumig cine projector then this may be of interest to you. Here you can exchange useful information or just enthuse about your own Eumig projector.

If you had any doubt about past history and popularity of the Eumig projector range then the photograph taken at a cine society 30 years ago just about sums up the little Eumig’s popularity.

- Left to right 824 Sonomatic, 810D Lux and 712D.

--------------------
Keep calm and carry on projecting!

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 05:44 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely photo Lee and thanks for sharing that lost moment in time.
I notice also in the photo that they're using the original packing
from their machines to gain height in projection.i can never understand why they did'nt make stands just a foot taller.The
various projectors there, I'll hazard a guess, are probably still
going strong today.As "Uncle Ivan" christened Eumig,and rightly
so, The Wizards of Vienna.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 08:29 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting looking through the old cine photo albums. Here we have one from only a few years ago using two 1964 Eumig MKS Standard 8mm sound machines and yes they both ran perfectly for the show.
 -
Terry on the left sadly passed away recently but he used to regale us with many stories of his cine experiences including one from the 1960’s. He used to carry his Eumig on the back of his moped giving shows and upon parking up he noticed the Eumig was missing from its usual place. He traced his tracks and gathered up the Eumig in its box off the road tying it back onto his moped and carried on to give a show with it.
Good times indeed.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 10:20 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

My first Eumig projector was the beautiful little P8 - a breakthrough design at its time. Today my Eumig collection consists of an 802, an 820 Sonomatic, two 926GL Stereo's, and a 938 stereo.
The 820 is running great but the 802 has slowed to a crawl and I just use it for rewinding and cleaning films. One of my 926 stereos has a worn out track 2 sound head, the other 926 is fine. My 938 is the best of the lot - a wonderful machine.
Eumig truly were wizards, the best designers and engineers in the cine business.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 12:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage   Email Osi Osgood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Smart man that Niven ... a "Eumig Man"! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 01:02 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would have been better with Charlton Heston as "The Eumiga Man".

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema YouTube Channel

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 01:14 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 01, 2012 05:10 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great ads Paul and yes Jean Marc might be onto something there. [Smile]

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 02, 2012 05:11 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the link to the virtual Eumig Museum:

http://www.fuchsberg.at/eumig/pandreas/members.nusurf.at/pandreas/eumig-museum/index.htm

--------------------

All times are Central  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2010 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC