8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Eumig Cine Projector Owners Club (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Eumig Cine Projector Owners Club
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 03:47 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are the owner of a Eumig cine projector then this may be of interest to you. Here you can exchange useful information or just enthuse about your own Eumig projector.

If you had any doubt about past history and popularity of the Eumig projector range then the photograph taken at a cine society 30 years ago just about sums up the little Eumig’s popularity.

- Left to right 824 Sonomatic, 810D Lux and 712D.

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 05:44 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely photo Lee and thanks for sharing that lost moment in time.
I notice also in the photo that they're using the original packing
from their machines to gain height in projection.i can never understand why they did'nt make stands just a foot taller.The
various projectors there, I'll hazard a guess, are probably still
going strong today.As "Uncle Ivan" christened Eumig,and rightly
so, The Wizards of Vienna.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 08:29 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting looking through the old cine photo albums. Here we have one from only a few years ago using two 1964 Eumig MKS Standard 8mm sound machines and yes they both ran perfectly for the show.
 -
Terry on the left sadly passed away recently but he used to regale us with many stories of his cine experiences including one from the 1960’s. He used to carry his Eumig on the back of his moped giving shows and upon parking up he noticed the Eumig was missing from its usual place. He traced his tracks and gathered up the Eumig in its box off the road tying it back onto his moped and carried on to give a show with it.
Good times indeed.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 10:20 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

My first Eumig projector was the beautiful little P8 - a breakthrough design at its time. Today my Eumig collection consists of an 802, an 820 Sonomatic, two 926GL Stereo's, and a 938 stereo.
The 820 is running great but the 802 has slowed to a crawl and I just use it for rewinding and cleaning films. One of my 926 stereos has a worn out track 2 sound head, the other 926 is fine. My 938 is the best of the lot - a wonderful machine.
Eumig truly were wizards, the best designers and engineers in the cine business.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 12:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Smart man that Niven ... a "Eumig Man"! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 01:02 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would have been better with Charlton Heston as "The Eumiga Man".

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 01:14 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 01, 2012 05:10 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great ads Paul and yes Jean Marc might be onto something there. [Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 02, 2012 05:11 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the link to the virtual Eumig Museum:

http://www.fuchsberg.at/eumig/pandreas/members.nusurf.at/pandreas/eumig-museum/index.htm

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Eric Shepherd
Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2014 12:23 PM      Profile for Eric Shepherd   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Shepherd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just acquired one of these, a Eumig Wien Type P26, anyone have the history on this model I would be interested. If anyone has a spare matching Eumig reel to sell please let me know.
 -

--------------------
A picture is worth a thousand words

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 24, 2014 02:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 9,5 Eumig projector working fine. I don't know how many models they made other than 8 and Super 8.

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 24, 2014 03:26 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a beautiful projector Eric [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 24, 2014 03:35 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The P26 is from around 1952. At its time, considered a fine machine.

--------------------
Maurice

Michael Rudkin
Junior

- posted January 19, 2015 03:26 PM      Profile for Michael Rudkin   Email Michael Rudkin       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a manual for the P26, or a spare power cord?

--------------------
Michael

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2015 04:03 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too have the Eumig Wien Type P26 and they are a nice projector to look at - to me they look like no other , I have bought 2 over the years as the first one had ghosting images but it was in top condition with the case and all...then I got another one that had perfect projection but no case - 2 became one ! [Smile]

Oh and Michael - I think I have the manual - let me check and I can make a copy and email it or even POST it ! haha - don't think I have 2 power cords but will look too.

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2015 06:37 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric, I have a eumig reel that I will give to you. Im only in wigan.

John Last
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2015 04:03 PM      Profile for John Last   Email John Last       Edit/Delete Post 
My first Eumig was a P8 Imperial and the only mod. I made to it wss to fit an adaptor for the lamp to receive the small QI bulb. If kept cleaned and oiled, this little gem will last for ever! I now have a 710 Lux and an 802. Both are superb machines and I have added a slotted opto switch adjacent to the shutter to read frames per second for my synchronising gear.

Erik Snel
Junior

- posted May 13, 2015 10:47 AM      Profile for Erik Snel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first Eumig was a Mark 607D which i still have and use. it kicked off my love for eumig and after 15 years of collecting i now have 144 projectors, 84 camera's and many items with the eumig logo on it like accesories and such

--------------------
Erik Snel Eumig Expert
ES Filmtechniek

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 13, 2015 11:17 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The whole EUMIG run of projectors tended to be real "work-horses" and to this day, tend to be very reliable. They are very well built and easy (in general) to work on.

One of the best things is that they tend to be very gentle on film. I don't care how expensive or trendy some of the higher end models are, if they eat my films or scratch them to heck, I won't give them the time of the day. I've never had a EUMIG do either of the above listed things, (though I could use some new stereo heads for my 926, I think my balance stripe portion of the sound head is getting a little dull. I have heard that they tend to wear out a little quicker than others.)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2015 12:47 PM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric, I have the same Eumig P26 projector at home, there are some papers in it with German explanations, if you still would like some explanations, please let know and I scan it to you.

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2015 06:21 AM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PS: On some Dutch and Belgian websites, there are some nice Eumig stickers, for those who would be interested.
 -

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 15, 2015 06:50 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one fault, if you wan't to call it that, with Eumig projectors is possibly in the design of some of their plastic components. IMO Eumig skimped on wall thickneses of many of these parts, resulting in fragile features, and in some cases over stressed parts designs. This is more evident in the 900 series than the 800 series, the latter being particularly tough little machines. On the 900 series I have seen the following plastic parts failures:

The control knob cam and associated plastic levers

The control knob indent feature

The knob retaining feature on the arms of the linear pots

The main drive plastic worm gear

The rewind pulley arm indent on the 926.

In comparison, the few plastic parts on the Elmo GS1200 are very rugged designs with really beautiful parts finish.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 15, 2015 01:39 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
On my S938 the compartment lid hinge snapped off without any bad handling and the red mag head presser locking device broke off on one limb through just undoing it several dozen times to clean the head properly.
Luckily i think Edwin is making these using 3D printing tech.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2015 08:59 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,
I`m sorry to have to disagree with most of you. I have a
Eumig S807D (fully serviced) I use for transferring standard 8mm sound film to DVD,
While it works very well, I`m always concerned about films being chewed up, it is I find not as kind to films as my Sankyo 2000H which is a pleasure to use, also my Bell & Howell DCM filmosonic
& before you tell me I know It was made by Sankyo & badged by B&H
but what a great projector to use.
My line up consists of
Two Sankyo 1000
One Sankyo 2000H
Two Eumig P8`s
Two Rank Aldis 16mm
Two Magnon Duo`s

All the best,
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 16, 2015 04:25 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I had an old 7 series Eumig that was awful with the handling of film James. I think it very much depends on previous use / owners etc etc but I don't know of anyone who has ever complained of a S936/938 or 940 scratching films. So there are very good Eumigs still out there, just check the mag head first! [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC