8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo Dualux 1000 lamp issue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo Dualux 1000 lamp issue
Bill Kubiak
Junior

- posted June 25, 2012 02:05 PM      Profile for Bill Kubiak   Email Bill Kubiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, new to the site, first question is about my projector lamp
I just installed a new belt, projector has been sitting in a closet for many years, last time I ran it I made a belt of rubber bands and it worked, sorta, and the light was working great since it was almost new at the time
Anyway the belt is on, I lubricated what moved and turned it on, the projector ran but the lamp did not light. opened the door, removed the light, it looked perfect, the base of the light and the lamp socket looked rusty so I used some fine sandpaper and cleaned it up, still did not work, checked the continuity of the bulb, it was OK, checked the base for voltage there was none with the switch set to lamp in both fwd and rev. I moved the switch back and forth thinking it might be cooroded, still nothing, What do I do now?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2012 03:48 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill,
It could be the actual lamp holder,I'm not familiar with the model so has it got a ceramic bulb holder that pushes onto the bulb? If it has it could have broken up as the bulb had corrosion on it.A new bulb is always a good option anyway,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Bill Kubiak
Junior

- posted June 29, 2012 08:55 PM      Profile for Bill Kubiak   Email Bill Kubiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it is not a ceramic lamp holder it is metalic with a springy center post under the bulb. How can I test the bulb

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 29, 2012 10:18 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the Sankyo 1000...you need to run film through the projector...when the film reaches the takeup reel then turn the light on. If the light is working it will now light up.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Alison Sharpin-James
Junior

- posted June 30, 2012 12:58 PM      Profile for Alison Sharpin-James   Email Alison Sharpin-James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I have a similar problem.... I have fitted a new belt and lamp, and managed to view some old film. I switched the projector off, fitted a new film - correctly - and then the lamp wouldn't work. I've had a 'twiddle' with the connector to the lamp, and it worked again for a couple of minutes, before the lamp went out. Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Alison

Bill Kubiak
Junior

- posted June 30, 2012 06:49 PM      Profile for Bill Kubiak   Email Bill Kubiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ran some film thru the projector and the light still will not light. The bulb has continuity thru it and does not look burned out. As best as I can recall is was a fairly new bulb when I last used the projector. any thoughts????

Bill Kubiak
Junior

- posted July 02, 2012 07:47 AM      Profile for Bill Kubiak   Email Bill Kubiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got the bulb working, turns it it was a poor ground in the socket. I wiggled it around and it tried to light YEA, A little cleaning of the socket base and It works again

Now How do I brighten up and clear up that fuzzy stuff around the edges of the picture

Bill Kubiak
Junior

- posted July 02, 2012 03:46 PM      Profile for Bill Kubiak   Email Bill Kubiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,
you seem to be the expert that I need to chat with now that I have my Sankyo duralux 1000 working again.
I want to get all my 8mm film into my computer to edit out all the junk and get it all on a DVD with some music in the background and me telling you what you are seeing.
I have a JVC Everio camcorder that records on an SD stick and I have a Corel video Studio x2 program in my computer and I cannot figure how to get the stuff on the SD stick into the computer. So far it has asked for an itunes program to be loaded???? That seemes strange to me.
The instructions in the camera book does not have anything for windows 7, it only goes up to Vista. There has to be some tricks to get clips I take of my 8mm films into the Corel program files. Can you help. I have almost 20 years of 8mm from the late 50's thru the late 70's. I would like to get it all on dvd and send it to all my grown kids.

Bill, Confused in Miami #1

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 02, 2012 04:24 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've PM'd you Bill, but I thought I would post my reply here too in case others may have the same question.

So you have already recorded some footage into your camcorder and you are asking how to import that into Corel VS x2. I use Adobe Premiere ...but I have a copy of Corel VS x4. There are several ways to import the files off the SD card.

1) If you have a SD card reader on your computer just insert the card and view the files with explorer. If you get a dialogue box about itunes...just cancel it and go directly to Explorer. You can copy all the files by dragging them to a folder on you computer.You may also be able to just plug your camera directly to the computer via USB cable if you don't have a reader...check your camera specs.

2) Another option...If you look in your Corel help files it will give instruction on how to import the files off the SD Card. In my version you go to Capture > Import from Digital Media. It will pull up all your drives including your SD Card You just need to make sure Corel x2 can import the file format your camera produced...I think yours is AVCHD.

3) You can use the Everio Media Browser you got with your JVC camera to also import media.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Mel Jenkins
Junior

- posted July 06, 2015 10:59 PM      Profile for Mel Jenkins   Email Mel Jenkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I have the Sankyo Dualux 1000 which I got a month ago. I have the same problem with the projector lamp. Lamp looks fine and the base contact for the lamp was a little corroded but cleaned it out. Then ram a film through it and turned on the lamp and nothing. It was working for awhile and now nothing. How do I check the lamp if its good?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC