8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Feature Length Film Print were you... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What Feature Length Film Print were you...
Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 06:29 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What Feature Length Film Print in Super 8mm were you the most excited to find and purchase that is in your collection now?
Try to choose just one title! [Smile]

Mine is "Gone With The Wind"

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

|  IP: Logged

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 09:28 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Straw Dogs for me!

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 10:09 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Brannigan" starring John Wayne.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 10:09 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Close race between "Ice Age" and "Bonnie Scotland", but I'll have to give "Ice Age" the edge.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 10:40 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Broken Blossoms or Louisiana Story

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 10:56 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Difficult choice, but I'd say 'Footloose'.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 11:02 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Difficult choice for me but i'd say Terminator 2

On behalf of my Brother, His is Gone with the wind

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 11:30 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Goldfinger" without a second thought. A pristene print from Steve Osborne. My favorite Bond film and I am very lucky to have a great copy of it. Plus , it's stereo! [Wink] [Wink]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 11:41 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one print that I was most excited to get on super 8 was the classic Western Shane .

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 12:11 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Two films,"One Million Years B.C." and the one Simmonds was sick
of hearing me mention,"7TH Voyage of Sinbad"

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 12:37 PM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neverending Story
Full feature, german release.
You asked about super 8, but my loved one is a 16mm Back To The Future print.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 12:44 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine would be "Predator". Ever since I watched a copy on super 8 I just knew I wanted it in my collection [Wink] .

Graham S

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 01:44 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, if im not mistaken i understand Predator along with Silence of the lambs is of the very best quality ever released on 8mm??

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 01:45 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, if im not mistaken i understand Predator along with Silence of the lambs is of the very best quality ever released on 8mm??

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 02:42 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Predator would be my choice. It is stunning; my favorite one to show to people who ask why I would pay so much to buy a feature on Super 8.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 04:14 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apart from it being a very gripping film, one of the main reasons for buying Predator is the absoulate stunning Derann print, said to be the best 'flat' release from Derann. As soon as I bought it I applied Cresclean to it (didnt have filmguard at the time) and watched a reel each night and noted down on the box how good it was. Later I then put it on 2 elmo 1200ft reels. There is a review of this very film in the revalent section.

I certaintly wouldnt have bought it if it was a poor print like the little mermaid. Theres no point in spending a lot for a poor super 8 release.

Graham S

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 06:09 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.....indeed hard choice-I'd say Chaplin's 'Great Dictator'....

--------------------
Yannis

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 07:22 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Hoppity Goes to Town", twice at the sme time! Steve Osbourbe offered me both an LPP Derann print and an AGFA Red Fox Films Print, both with excellent color and from different film labs with two very different results!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 29, 2012 08:43 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My economics aren't too favorable to buying brand new features, so a couple of Christmasses back when I'd found out my wife bought me a new print of "Toy Story" it was a great moment!

It's something I'd wanted to get for years and I always imagined I'd find a mint print used someday, never new.

It had an unexpected side-effect too. When the package showed up I found out I'd accidentally been sent a brand new print of "Hunchback of Notre Dame". Other than the dissapointment, It was kind of like a latter day rental!

I sent that print back to Derann and watched the used lists for months: never saw it. I'm not sure if I got somebody else's film, or they just printed the wrong film to my order.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 09:53 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derann scope print of RAISE THE TITANIC

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2012 07:29 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Super 8...I was most excited to get Alien in scope and stereo. That was just a couple of years ago. But the MOST ever excited was in my early 16mm collecting days in the early 70's..when I finally got a wonderful 16 print of King Kong, my favorite film since I was a child.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2012 09:07 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ZORRO'S FIGHTING LEGION,because it thrilled me to no end when I first saw it as a young boy, and it still does,just the same! GONE WITH THE WIND and 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY (in scope). Two big (and most expensive) classics I adore and managed to get at most competitive prices!

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2012 09:35 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Night of the Living Dead. I bought it in 1978 when it was first available. Before that I only heard about it from friends who saw it in the drive-in. By the time I got my print it was already a cult classic. Pretty cool that the first time I ever saw this film was my super 8 feature [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2012 12:08 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RETURN OF THE JEDI. My favorite Star Wars movie. The S8 print is an absolute joy with fantastic color and a nice , sharp picture.

Money VERY well spent!

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2012 03:18 PM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to agree with Patrick, tho my Raise the Titanic is 4:3 with optical sound but the print has glorious colour and contrast with very good sound.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC