8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » is it my B&H Projector the problem or is me ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it my B&H Projector the problem or is me ?
Manuel Tapia
Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2012 10:39 PM      Profile for Manuel Tapia   Email Manuel Tapia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, after buy some film and all look so dark, red, not clear. i'm really don't know what is wrong.

Today i recieved the buck rogers 2X400 version, so i took video and adjust the camara to record the similar color as i saw it. then i took a pic direct to the film to compare. The film look so nice but the film projected look so bad, so i'm thinking some thing is wrong with the projector lent or the lamp is not the correct or is the way that the 8mm film work. i don't know so any commend or idea could be helpful.

-

-

-

-

Thanks

I just remove the lent and look inside , i supouse should be diffuse but i really don't know i took some pics but wasn't easy and are not great

-

-

-

onemore time , thanks for you help

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 11, 2012 12:03 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible that you have fungus on the lens.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 11, 2012 12:10 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fungus is possible but that will make the picture to become unclear but not turning the color.

Your screen shot and the scan (close up) pictures are totally strange. It is red vs good color, while they were taken from the same object.

So I guess you need to change the lamp. It is possible that due to the age the light from the lamp has turning to yellowish.

I know this is an expensive lamp, but as my suggestion in your other thread, it is the time to find a simple Japanese projector.

--------------------
Winbert

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2012 02:00 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This information may not be correct, so someone else can else verify. A seller once told me that bulbs with several hours behind them project a reddish/brownish image. Could this be the issue?

Manuel Tapia
Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2012 07:39 AM      Profile for Manuel Tapia   Email Manuel Tapia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys,

Janice Glesser,
I'm thinking the same, so today i'll try to clean it

Winbert Hutahaean,
The lamp is new for me [Big Grin] , but you know that lamps are very old.
Yes i'm start looking a new projector, do you have any recomendation?
I the meantime i'm buy a new one i order a ESD halogen lamp at 3350°K that is the same as EFP. so i'll try to do the conversion.

Akshay Nanjangud,
I think could be because the DJL Lamp is Incandescent @ 3150°K and very very old.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 11, 2012 07:52 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlemen,I have never, ever come across this phenomenon
regarding lamps in projectors,the worst that happens is the
projected image gets darker.I honestly think the problem is
moisture in the lens system that is causing the light scatter I
reckon that is the problem here which would account for the
lack of definition in your original screen shots.

Jerome Sutter
Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2012 08:30 AM      Profile for Jerome Sutter   Email Jerome Sutter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does look like a lens problem.

Manuel Tapia
Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2012 11:55 AM      Profile for Manuel Tapia   Email Manuel Tapia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW my B&H Project rules !!!!! [Big Grin]

After all, the 8mm film hobby make sence, i was thinking all your was crazies [Razz]

I clean my len, wasn't a perfect clean but enough to watch a movie as should be.

BEFORE
 -

AFTER
 -

BEFORE
 -

AFTER
 -

Thanks for your comment & ideas, i'm the happiest man on the world [Big Grin]

I take pic form all the clean process i'll upload step by step in the case some newbie need it in the future.

Thanks Again !

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 11, 2012 01:10 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
A little bit of advice Manuel,give your lens a clean ONLY with lens
tissues,which are available from your local opticians.Your lens
just needs the meerest wipe, not a scrub & polish, as there is a
coating on it called a "bloom" which over cleaning will ruin.Also
make sure there isn't any grit present on your lens surface as
this could scratch and ruin it.Happy screenings.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC