8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo Lens for FP-A

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo Lens for FP-A
Tom Hafkenschiel
Junior

- posted September 20, 2012 04:58 PM      Profile for Tom Hafkenschiel   Email Tom Hafkenschiel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My lens has internal fogging. The specifications are as follows:
1. The front section housing is 1.8" long and approx. 1.4" in diameter.
2. The rear section housing is 1.0" long and 1" in diameter.
3. It's a F:1.3 f=20~32mm zoom lens
4. The number on the lens is No.634379
I am looking for a replacement lens or suggestions on disassembly and cleaning. The fogging is on the internal elements (not easy to get to).

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 20, 2012 05:36 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tom,have you tried placing the lens on a warm surface for a
period of time to help dry it out?

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2012 06:10 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tom,

I have a few of those lenses in excellent condition, I'll take $50 for one, including expedited shipping. If you don't like it, for whatever reason, you can send it back for a full refund.

There is also one listed on eBay which you might be able to buy for less money - for the auction click here.

Jon

Manuel Tapia
Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2012 09:21 PM      Profile for Manuel Tapia   Email Manuel Tapia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, i just clean mine 2 week ago is not a ELMO but you base on that in the case you want to clean by yourself.

I just post how i did and some photos!

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007462

[ September 21, 2012, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Manuel Tapia ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC