8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What are these 2 German Tom & Jerry titles in English

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are these 2 German Tom & Jerry titles in English
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 28, 2012 12:06 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am thinking to buy these 2 T&J in German version but I am afraid I have had in English vershion. So what is their title in English:

Tom & Jerry und drei kleine Hexenkatzen
Tom & Jerry und ein Kanarienvogel?

I have been trying to open wikipedia for T&J list:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_und_Jerry

But I didn't find anything.

Any help please?

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 28, 2012 12:17 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I can tell Winbert,the first one is to do with a witch's cat
and I would hazard a guess something about a canary in the
second. I suppose we could always send them to Bletchley Park
to decode them.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2012 12:28 PM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

as I can't find these titles in any online episode-guide, I guess that they're only 15m-excerpts from some longer episodes (or even a mix of episodes)...
...of course they could also be full-length episodes that got renamed for Super8...

Jörg

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 28, 2012 12:29 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Hugh if we use google translator, it would come to that hints. But I want to make sure because many T&J titles come with "Cat", "Mouse", and such words.

Plus in non-English version there are many bogus titles. So I need a confirmation who own this titles, especially German members who can tell me their right English titles.

--------------------
Winbert

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2012 01:19 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey Winbert, for what it's worth here are my guesses:

Tom & Jerry und ein Kanarienvogel? (Tom & Jerry and a small canary)?
is
Kitty Foiled (they tangle with a canary in this one)

Tom & Jerry und drei kleine Hexenkatzen (Three small witch cats?)
is
Tom & Jerry Three New Cats (there are 3 mean little cats in this episode)

Don't know if this is correct but German retitling can get pretty crazy.
Cheers
Terry

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 28, 2012 01:51 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jorg & Terry thanks. That helps.

--------------------
Winbert

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 28, 2012 02:34 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
You know the score with foreign prints Winbert,once they've been
edited and put in a box with pictures that have nothing to do
with the content,and a title that has nothing in common with the film. You think you're going to view a favourite
western and it turns out to be a Popeye cartoon.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 28, 2012 03:15 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Tom & Jerry und drei kleine Hexenkatzen" could be the 1952 "Triplet Trouble".

Mammy babysits three seemingly sweet kittens who turn out to be little rascals. Taking on Tom, then Jerry, is more than the hooligan trio bargain for, though, and tale's end finds them with bottoms glowing bright red from the spanking Jerry has given them.

--------------------
Maurice

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2012 08:10 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 29, 2012 04:05 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Terry that "Tom & Jerry und ein Kanarienvogel" could be the 1948 "Kitty Foiled".

Jerry teams up with a canary to fight off Tom, but cat catches mouse and ties him to a toy train track. When Tom clinbs onto the engine and hurls down the track towards the helpless Jerry, the canary comes to the rescue, dropping a bowling ball from the air to create a deep hole into which the train plunges with Tom still aboard.

However, it could also be the 1952 "The Flying Cat".

Jerry and a canary save one another from Tom's attack and take refuge in a birdhouse. Tom fashions a pair of wings from a ladies girdle and flies after the canary, who leads Tom into a train tunnel. The cat soon finds himself suspended from a trestle as Jerry and the canary wave goodbye from the passing observation car.

--------------------
Maurice

Alexander Lechner
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2012 06:28 AM      Profile for Alexander Lechner   Email Alexander Lechner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also own those two digests and they are definitely:
Tom & Jerry und drei kleine Hexenkätzchen = Triplet Trouble (1952)
Tom & Jerry und ein Kanarienvogel = Kitty Foiled (1948)

--------------------
Alex

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 30, 2012 07:31 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alex,

ThNks for the confitmation.

While we are here, since you are from a German speaking country, you perhaps have info for the TJ list released in German both by Film Office and Picollo?

I have a list posted somewhere here for TJ list released in English by Walton, Derann, MGM or Red Fox.

--------------------
Winbert

Alexander Lechner
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2012 08:17 AM      Profile for Alexander Lechner   Email Alexander Lechner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Winbert, I don't have such a list.
I actually did it the hard way: I searched the TJ episode list on English Wikipedia for a fitting title, checked the description of the episode also on Wikipedia and made a final check through youtube. Well, at least I can be sure about the right title ...

--------------------
Alex

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2012 03:04 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I just found an incomplete online list of German Super8-releases. There used to be a more complete one. But it's offline for years and I've only got an incomplete backup on one of my HDs. :-(

"Tom und Jerry und die drei kleinen Hexenkätzchen" and "Tom und Jerry und ein Kanarienvogel" have both been released by Globus in 4 different versions (all approx. 50m long): colour with sound, colour without sound, b&w with sound and b&w without sound.
At that time Globus was cooperating with FilmOffice. So these two films are "only" FilmOffice-releases (with German titles, "Globus"-logo and -if any- German soundtrack). However the FilmOffice-releases are all listed as 60m?!

Anyway: It looks "Tom und Jerry und die drei kleinen Hexenkätzchen" could be FilmOffice's Tom et Jerry "Trois petites Pestes" (at least "trois petites" matches the "drei kleinen").
And the only French title with a "Kanarienvogel" is "Le canari au secours de Jerry". However these are just wild guesses!
If this is correct the two films are "Triplet Trouble" ("Rache ist süß") and "Kitty Foiled" ("Zwei Kleine gegen Tom"):
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=1;t=006423

Jörg

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC