8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Projector Parts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Projector Parts
John Selph
Junior

- posted November 11, 2012 05:17 PM      Profile for John Selph   Email John Selph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey y'all,
Glad I found this forum. I just acquired a B&H 10ms Dual 8 projector and the Supply Reel Spindle is damaged. Is there anyplace to purchase such parts? Everything else works fine, and you can even show film, but because the supply spindle is damaged, it won't rewind the film. Could also use a manual for this machine as well. I have 20 or so 50' reels and several 400' reels of family films that I want to digitize.
Any recommendations, thoughts, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John

--------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
- Groucho Marx -

|  IP: Logged

John Selph
Junior

- posted November 19, 2012 02:11 PM      Profile for John Selph   Email John Selph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a "Heads Up" to everyone, I found someone on eBay (USA) who advertises parts for various projectors. I contacted him regarding the spindle and he sold me one for $17.50 shipped. I am waiting for it to arrive to make sure it is the correct part, but I sent him a photo so hopefully it's right.
If everything is correct, and it's acceptable to post vendor info on this forum, I'll supply his information.
Thanks,
John

[ November 19, 2012, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: John Selph ]

--------------------
- Groucho Marx -

John Selph
Junior

- posted November 24, 2012 11:12 PM      Profile for John Selph   Email John Selph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Part arrived yesterday. Looked good as new and was perfect fit. Well packed and quick shipping. I have no personal interest in this vendor, just passing on information should anyone here need projector parts. The vendor is dmodeforlife on eBay. Seems to have lots of parts for various makes of projectors.
John

--------------------
- Groucho Marx -

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC