8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super 8mm fit for the King !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8mm fit for the King !
Colin Auty
Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2012 03:18 PM      Profile for Colin Auty   Email Colin Auty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sony records have recently released a cd/dvd set to commerate the 40th Anniversary of Elvis'historic NY Madison Square Garden concerts.(Prince from another Planet) in June 1972.
The exciting news is they have unearthed 20 mins of film shot on Super 8mm by a fan Don Lance who was in the audience for the 10th June afternoon performance .They have synched this to the professional recording by RCA.(remixed).
Considering the footage was taken by hand held camera and the film is over 40 years old, the restoration , is quite amazing, what do you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NaVv63efKBY

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 11, 2012 03:45 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was so cool!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 04:34 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you....thank you very much! [Wink]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 08:47 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow that's really excellent - Mr Lance's camerawork is highly professional. I found another clip from the start of the show, whith shots outside the venue, that's very impressive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=tntPUj-ChhQ

Considering that he filmed some entire songs, I'd imagine that he probably used a sound camera. I wonder why the transfer show the sprocket edge of the film?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2012 08:59 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering the same thing about the green sprocket flashes. Long Live 8mm!! It's not dead just yet!

Colin Auty
Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2012 01:53 PM      Profile for Colin Auty   Email Colin Auty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adrian - yes impressive footage , the only professional source material for this engagement was from NBC News who filmed
some of June10th evening show for inclusion in their tv news slot.
In my opinion the 8mm footage is superior , you feel you are there.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC