8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CHC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CHC
Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2013 10:54 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bargains to anyone who subscribes to Classic Home Cinema's lists. Five 400ft cut downs for £20!
One of the eagerly awaited new releases is already sold out if you did not pre order.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2013 11:34 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how many collectors are going to actually buy the CAPTAIN AMERICA 600' digest. I do believe in supporting our hobby, but I'm not going to buy a film I don't care to see just for that reason or because its new.

[ January 10, 2013, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Joe Taffis ]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 03, 2013 12:23 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree there Joe, I wouldn't be buying a film just because it's recent, it would have to have something in it's favour first.
Although I can see how difficult it is for distributors to gauge
what is going to sell, I've asked in the past for certain titles to
be considered, and to be fair they were taken on board,by other companies, although
I would have loved to have seen "The Wicker Man" on S/8, sadly
not to be.

[ January 03, 2013, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Hugh Thompson Scott ]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 03, 2013 02:00 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be very difficult for any distributor to please everybody, or even a majority, with choice of Super 8 releases in this day and age.

I think that, for many collectors, it's not the movie but just the fact that they can buy a brand new print on Super 8 which is the attraction these days, whatever the actual title may be.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 03, 2013 02:04 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now I think I have fallen off again ... Do CHC still create new titles?

If so, why not Blade Runner, totally awesome Ridley Scott picture ... Great atmosphere and soundtrack, excellent Harrson Ford and Rutger Hauer and a weird Daryl Hannah ... What more is needed? And if the Thing (Carpenters version isn't already out there, it deserves a release)

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 03, 2013 02:12 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What more is needed?
Copyright clearance.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 03, 2013 02:21 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have no idea what that cost, but isn't there a time limit on copyrights? And what harm can such a small edition do?

But still, do CHC really create new releases?

Colin Auty
Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2013 03:06 PM      Profile for Colin Auty   Email Colin Auty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark - was it the Captain America or the pre credits to "The Spy who loved me" that has sold out?

If anybody has seen or purchased these new titles any info/ a review would be great.

Thanks Colin

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2013 03:09 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I showed Capt America here in 35, would would like to see a 600ft scope digest of it.

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2013 01:44 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What no one seems to realise is someone needs to provide a 35mm print for a Super 8 cut down to be completed. Anyone fancy having their priceless 35mm copy of Blade Runner cut to shreds?

I thought not.

As much as this latest title does not interest me (and to be fair not many recent cinema releases do) I congratulate the people who got together to issue it. I would hope all fellow Super 8 enthusiasts do too.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2013 06:44 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Captain America and Spy Who Loved Me are available from Steve Osborne at The Reel Image. Kettering Ohio. 937-296-9036. The Captain America print was reviewed in the last issue of Steve's Magazine., The Reel Image. I've ordered a print of C.A.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2013 07:42 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For "The Spy Who Loved Me" opening credits, does anyone know if the title song is intact?

If so, I'll buy one.

James.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 04, 2013 07:52 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Reel Image page appears not in use ... Visit old site gives some info, but it looks dated ... Are there any lists from them?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 04, 2013 07:55 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, The Reel Image you mentioned does not have the relation with The Reel Image magazine.

The website belongs to our member here, David O, while the Reel Image magazine belongs to Steve Osborne who is not a member here and (as far as I know) he is not an internet minded person.

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 04, 2013 07:59 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where do you order for example Captain America then? Any contact info? ... Thanks Winbert, I thought it was the same ... The internet page, is it not in use then?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 04, 2013 08:04 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can contact the above numbers mentioned by Gary, but I beleive there are only 20 - 30 prints only. And it is usally gone fast.

As for the Reel Image website, as David ever explained that he is trying to revive his old website and now he is focusing on old catalog. Good to know if he can do that so we know where we have to go to find the list of old films as we have with German releases at http://www.super-8-hobby.de/

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC