8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A new price record for "Blues Brother" (2 x 400')

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A new price record for "Blues Brother" (2 x 400')
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 13, 2013 06:23 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221174686644

Sold for $405!

I knew the seller is one of us. Congratulation!.

The seller was very honest by providing a clip that showing the film has faded but bidders were really crazy.

This film is one of the title I bought from Trevor Addams when he decided to clear out his collection. If I could reach this sell only, I would have recovered from all the cost I spent to buy his all films!

Again congratulation!

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 13, 2013 06:31 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good heavens! ... and people complain about spending 300.00 for a Wolfman?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 13, 2013 06:36 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's obviously different case Osi.

Your Wolfman may not of interest many people.

--------------------
Winbert

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2013 06:46 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this a joke. The film has hardly any colour left!! [Roll Eyes]

Unless the camera used makes it look a lot worse than it really is.

Graham S

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 13, 2013 06:51 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could`nt bring myself to charge the buyer anywhere near that whatever it ended at.

I`d have to just charge them what I thought it was really worth, plus a few bob to cover the extra fees.

Getting a bit silly sometimes these days really.

Best Mark.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 13, 2013 06:52 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Unless the camera used makes it look a lot worse than it really is.
No Graham, the seller is very honest. He clearly stated "Color - Faded".

This is a new record, anyone try his luck now...?

--------------------
Winbert

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2013 07:28 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could probably get it in full-length on 16mm for that price.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 13, 2013 07:28 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Just goes to show some people have too much money.It's red, and
that's going.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 14, 2013 06:31 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Incredible - I'd guess the original boxes were significant as I can't image the buyer will want to watch the film often. And the fade - as with many U8 releases - really is bad, with that murky no contrast look. I must check if my copy,unfortunately not in original boxes, is as bad.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 14, 2013 06:47 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get a confirmation from the seller that the films have been shipped. So the buyer is legit.

--------------------
Winbert

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2013 06:50 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a chance to take a look at this copy, it looked pretty good to me, fair color -- not red. The screen shots are here on this review:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000276#000000

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 14, 2013 06:55 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
To pay that kind of money for 32 minutes of red tape, more money
than sense and head examined fit into a sentence.I'm sure that
title could be picked up cheaper and with better print.
To be fair though, a lot of the U8 stuff always had that magenta
cast, not all, but a good many, but it still looks red.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 14, 2013 08:25 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its almost a give away item really. we`ve all given better things away over the years I`m sure.

You can get the Blue ray for $10 or less new in the states for the whole film so its nuts really.

Ebay doesnt` find the value of a thing, it often inflates it for various psychological related reasons.

Looking at the clip I`d think its a pretty sure bet the buyer will be a bit dissapointed when they actually run it, if thats what its been bought for.

Best Mark.

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2013 06:19 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wooow...then a big congratulation to the seller [Big Grin]

It will never buy this item, because nearly all the great songs aren't on this digest.

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 15, 2013 06:39 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Reading the previous discussion on the film "Blues Brothers", I'm
suprised nobody has mentioned the obvious solution that U8
could have taken, and that would have been to issue a seperate
spool of music numbers.They did a seperate promo for "Dracula"
that could be intercut with the 2x400,the same thing could have been done with this, so appeasing both camps.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 15, 2013 01:41 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Looking at the clip I`d think its a pretty sure bet the buyer will be a bit dissapointed when they actually run it
Guys,

When I started this thread I, with an intention, let you know that the seller is one of us. I did not reveal the name until the said seller come forward by him/herself.

My intention is only to share the joy with the seller. He (or she) was the lucky one and the buyer knew exactly what he/she bought because the condition of film was clearly mentioned in the description as faded and not only screen shot was provided but even a clip was there.

Why the buyer still bid high...that was the buyer's discretion. I just want to share the joy and no need to question "Why it was sold".

Who never know if the buyer was a lawyer or an artist which can get $500 in an hour, so buying this much is just like buying peanuts. We never know.

If I ever sold that high I would be joyful too and share with you.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2013 02:04 PM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I follow this auction for a time. But the price was too high for a faded print. You never know who is the buyer. Maybe a Blues Brothers fan with a lot of money. Maybe a new rich collector who doesn´t know what is a digest, what is a feature film, and nothing about film conditions.
About Wolfman, it is a clear example of collecting. We buy the things we like or love. I love the films I watch in the 80´s and some others. I know classics are classics, but a stupid film can make you feel happy every time you project it. Sometimes that film is a classic and sometimes is a Z movie.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 15, 2013 02:23 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget folks, there wasn't just the winner that bid high for this. The price was raised pretty high by other bidders.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 15, 2013 02:57 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is where the hobby becomes a farce, no matter how good the origianl boxes are if the film has faded and is just 35 minuites a good box does nothing, clearly another buyer who doesnt know that dealers still exist, however, i have to say well done that man and if i could get this sort of money for all my double albums etc i'd sell tomorrow, it does begger belief but well done that seller [Confused]
I do suspect if the buyer has a shed load of dosh surly they would be projecting other formats including the excellent Blu-ray for a fraction of the price, Dam i knew i should have a copy of this when it was £30 on Deranns list [Big Grin]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 15, 2013 06:37 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I better not tell my wife the prices some of those films are being sold for....she would say...SELL..SELL..SELL [Big Grin]

Graham [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC