8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Laurel and Hardy Backhawk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Laurel and Hardy Backhawk?
Bradford A Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2013 01:10 PM      Profile for Bradford A Moore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that the quality of Laurel and Hardy Blackhawk prints can differ quite a bit. I recently got two prints, and I'm curious if other people have run in to these issues on their copies, or are they just a problem with what I have?

My Blackhawk Beau Hunks, second reel looks good, but the print was printed out of register, and you see the right side of the film image for most of the reel, and the third reel of Blockheads is quite darker than than the other two, and has quite a soft focus.

If this isn't normal for these two titles, and if any of you may have either reel I'm looking for, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 01:19 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there, Our Beau Hunks is a good one but we also have the same issue with Blockheads,almost identicle in fact although its has a darker pt 3 the focus is fine,

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2013 05:42 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen two prints of BLOCK-HEADS from Blackhawk and both were fine. (I now only have one and it is not for sale.)

Your issue with BEAU HUNKS is likely a one-off with your print.

Incidentally, the Blackhawk print to go for is the one with the original "L&H in" title followed by a Blackhawk "BEAU HUNKS" followed by the rest of the original titles. Earlier Blackhawks had Film Classics titles.

Note: BEAU HUNKS was re-issued in 1937 by Hal Roach, and he replaced the main titles. By "original" above I mean the 1937 titles as opposed to Film Classics. The original "original" titles no longer exist, AFAIK.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC