8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Pulse Sync (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Pulse Sync
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 23, 2013 03:52 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well lucky for me I had the help of an Audio Engineer who did the hard work. I just had to sync it up!
But he told me that he used the Test Oscillator plug in on Logic Pro to create a WAV File that was 23.97. Then he created a Loop of it. Then with the 1/8 inch to DIN plug he said he found a diagram somewhere on the web to find the right connections.
Yes..I used an outside source! For a brain much bigger than my own! [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Ronald Kwiatkowski
Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2013 04:00 PM      Profile for Ronald Kwiatkowski   Email Ronald Kwiatkowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose this should work, but you'd have to have the right pulse signal (frequecy? pulse length?) and you'd have to make sure that while recording the pulse to the magnetic stripe, that there's no noticeable change in speed. If there's a "wow" while recording you'd always repeat that "wow" while playing back. This is in theory, as far as my understanding goes. Personaly, I prefer a solution that keeps the audio straight on and "unwowed", which means the projector is the slave and the image speeds up or slows down accordingly.

--------------------
Vinegar belongs in the salad...

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2013 12:21 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ronald, you're absolutely right about the potential for "wow" problems, but the only way to completely eliminate that as a possibility with a GS-1200 is to slave it to a digitally-sourced track and have nothing to do with the projector's sound. Still, in most cases, 'wow' is not a noticable problem.

Alan, thanks for the details, and was hoping you would be able to give some of those engineering details. But perhaps not. However, knowing what your computer's audio hardware is would at least give us one working model that's directly compatible.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2015 09:13 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And only after a year Pedro's site is down is there a way to contact him? Or does anybody here in the US have one of his boxes? Will the box work with ST1200HD's?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 07, 2015 01:26 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Jim the boxes are only suitable for use with D.C. electronically controlled driven machines. The ST is not this type of machine and therefore could never work with Pedro's sync boxes.

Directly the boxes work with Braun Visacoustic 2000 models as well as the Elmo GS1200.

In theory, they should also be compatible with the Sankyo 800 Stereo model but he never advertised an interface for this model.

Via an interface that Pedro provided or fitted himself, the boxes also work with Bauer Studioline models like the T610, Beaulieu 708el as well as one or two of the best super 8 editor's, e.g. Goko RM8008.

They will not work with the Eumig S938/940 models for the same reasons as the ST1200's

[ January 07, 2015, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2015 03:55 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2015 10:44 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Previous discussion about sync: follow this link from this forum.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC