8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Any Idea Who Released This?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Idea Who Released This?
Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2013 02:12 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a S8S print of "Swing Time" with Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers. I know in the past that Blackhawk sold prints of this title. But my print is in plain white boxes and there is nothing on the leaders that identify its source. It most certainly is not a Blackhawk print as it has Quality Issues. Does anyone know who else was selling prints of this title? [Confused]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 28, 2013 02:27 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe, "Swingtime" was released as a 200' by Film Office of France
actually 53m, the print quality was reported as good as was the sound, if lacking slightly in bass.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 28, 2013 03:14 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Lloyd short from Film-Office-Of-France, and it's straneg how I can never locate any other titles from this long-forgotten outlet...

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2013 03:31 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The print is full length on 6 400' reels. If it is a Blackhawk print, its not up to their quality standards. Its highly unlikely that it is unless the laboratory work was off that day. The first reel has focus issues and some scenes are too dark. The print used to make a Negative from has a noisy soundtrack flutter near the end of the first reel change. Blackhawk has their own unique leader and its nowhere in sight on any of the reels though the leader for each one is intact. And they didn't use plain white boxes for the reels either. I may be wrong about that one though. All indications are that its not a Blackhawk print.

--------------------

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2013 07:49 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackhawk released SHALL WE DANCE?, but I don't think they ever released SWING TIME. My guess would be Nostalgia Merchant.

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2013 02:50 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to remember "Swing Time" being in the Blackhawk Catalog. Unfortunately I no longer have any of their Catalogs. Now its possible that it is a Nostalgia Merchant release, but I think they would have used better preprint material. It does sound likely that it is their release though, since it has poor Lab Work. If I was the original purchaser years ago, I would have sent it back!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC