8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » DO IT YOURSELF ELMO ST1200 CASE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DO IT YOURSELF ELMO ST1200 CASE
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 31, 2013 03:41 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK so I have too much time on my hands. This is my latest project. I made my own case for my Elmo ST1200. I used low cost materials. Foam poster board, duct tape, hot glue, and flat black spray paint.

First I cuts the pieces then hot glued them together. Then I covered the whole thing with duct tape. I was going to leave it gray. But I thought if I spray painted it black it would look better. I found a logo from a pic on fleabay. Added some feet on the bottom. Done! It's not perfect, but it was cheap. The reason for the duct tape was to reinforce the corners and give texture under the paint. There is room in the case for a 1200' reel and the power cord.

2 x Foam poster beards @ 1.00
2 x Rolls duct tape @ 1.00
1 x Pack of stick on feet @ 1.00

Total cost 5.00 + tax.

I all ready had the hot glue. Not bad for 5.00 I say. Check the pics.
[Wink]

-

-

-

-

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2013 04:11 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great job Pat! You're a lot smarter than you look! [Big Grin]
RS

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 31, 2013 04:37 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 31, 2013 05:52 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RS

That's better than looking a lot smarter than I am!

BTY I meat to tell you my father was a magician also.

Every day he turned into a bar [Eek!]

Thx Jean!

PatD

[ February 01, 2013, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Pasquale DAlessio ]

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2013 07:20 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat,
There is something different about your new pix did you shave?
Also since you have too much time on your hands if you could come up with a vinyl cover for the ST-1200 I would be your first customer to purchase one! You did a really nice job on your case and I think your next project should be a vinyl cover?
Oh by the way my wife told me to tell you she likes your new look!
RS
[Cool]

Manuel Tapia
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2013 08:09 AM      Profile for Manuel Tapia   Email Manuel Tapia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice, Good job

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 01, 2013 11:25 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RS

I dyed my beard and parted my hair for a commercial I am going to be doing for a law firm. I'll get to work on the vinyl case. Tell your wife "thank you". [Cool]

PatD

PS I also lost 30 pounds!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 01, 2013 11:55 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good work - and a bargain price. If anyone would care to produce a version for the GS1200 (that doesn't add too much to the weight) I'm sure there would be demand for it as the projector deserves something more sturdy than the official cover.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2013 12:11 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yo look like the singer Roger Whitaker from England. A complment, btw.

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2013 12:55 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok good for you Pat! Currently I have my ST-1200HD mounted on a high stand in our theatre room upstairs and I have a plastic garbage bag that covers the projector to keep the dust off.
So it would be nice to have a custom made vinyl dust cover for the projector. What do you think?
RS

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 01, 2013 01:30 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sewing is not a skill of mine...but I would think if any of your wives can sew...it wouldn't be too hard to create a pattern for a cover. Vinyl or heavy muslin shouldn't be too thick for a sewing machine. I cover my machines with a clear plastic bag. It keeps the dust out...but not very attractive.

....and Pat I like your new headshot too [Smile] You actors and your hair crack me up. My son recently grew his hair long. He wanted to give himself a "Paul Rudd" look. However both his agents were not pleased with his new look so he'll be back to short hair very soon.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 01, 2013 01:38 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RS

When I make one I'll let you know.
---------------------------------

Jan

It's a guy thing! We get if from the news anchors!

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2013 02:04 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Great Pat and you will probably have to a make a few for Janice too because I have to agree with her those plastic bags do look
pretty unattractive! My wife is not the best when it comes to sewing.
RS

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 01, 2013 03:42 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious - did the smart hard case that Elmo sold the later ST-1200s in only apply to the later models or did all types of ST-1200 come with this?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted February 01, 2013 04:31 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
The first ST1200 i bought Adrian,from DFS when they first appeared, had the hard case,the one that belonged to Brian
Murphy also had a hard case, any other machines all without.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2013 06:46 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian , i mentioned this idea on previous post , but no one responded mate , so with that in mind i'll be getting at least two case's custom made,and as you say they will not be any heavier than the original cardboard case . Rgds Paul B.

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2013 06:51 AM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Pat, that's a great looking box, nice work!
More importantly, the pic of you is so much better!
We are all i agreement that we MIGHT now consider buying a used car from you, well, a used Elmo at any rate!!
All the best fella

--------------------
Ron

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 02, 2013 11:38 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ron!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 02, 2013 02:08 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat....You are not only a working actor...but quite the handyman! I'm impressed!... I don't suppose your wife would spare you to perform some West Coast honey-do's [Wink] ... Great job on the case Egor! [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 03, 2013 06:12 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Jan

Thanks for the compliment on the case. Actually, she probably would just to get rid of me for a while.

Did you see my other project "convert that square hole reel"?

Best

PatD

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC