8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New venue northwest film fair 2013 blackpool (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: New venue northwest film fair 2013 blackpool
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 29, 2013 06:50 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With Mr Cecil's highly-promising show of 16mm rarities lined up, I can't say that there has been any demand so far for Super 8. BUT if anyone wants to compile a Super 8 programme and bring a Super 8 projector, I'd be only too pleased to add it to the entertainment, after the 16mm show. Alternatively, if the dinner survives in 2014, a new volunteer will be needed to compile the film show, so a programme on Super 8 will of course be very welcome then. [Smile]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 19, 2013 10:02 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note for those who travel to Blackpool by train: tickets for mid-November are now bookable, but DON'T book just yet as the non-discounted fares are appearing in advance of the cheap ones. E.g. I checked dates about two weeks before the event and vastly lower fares were available, so we need to hang for a few days. I'll post here when the cheap fares appear online, unless anyone beats me to it.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 19, 2013 01:00 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for 2014.. I find the multi gauge film presentations are hugely popular so what about Std 8, Super 8, 9.5mm sound, 16mm, 17.5mm and a bit of 35mm. All things are doable and the north west collectors will be keen to support it I know along with some advance planning.

[ November 11, 2013, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2013 01:05 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having filmed on Super 8 at most conventions over the years, I hope to do a reel to present at the 2014 event, which I am sure will happen!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 19, 2013 07:23 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Lee & Simon. Lee - I'll send you a message soon.

I'm pleased to confirm that Simon is pencilled in for a 2014 Super 8 show that will include unique material shot at Blackpool conventions!

I was afraid that there could be a shortage of volunteers to keep the Saturday night entertainment going, but instead there could be scope to extend it through the night - thereby saving the cost of a night's accommodation, which will mean more money to buy films on the Sunday! [Smile]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2013 05:02 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have footage of Ealing, Tadley and Blackpool over recent years. I also have Derann's very last day, which of course will be included.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 20, 2013 05:03 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian
I have always assumed that the cheapest rail offers were when they went on sale at the prescribed interval before the travel date.

I note what you are saying. Have the rules been changed?

--------------------
Maurice

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2013 03:34 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there are now 33 tables at blackpool and may have room for a few more ,a good tip for buyers its always best to have cash when buying as you seem to get a good deal as suppose to a cheque .one more thing will customers please have correct money as this saves a lot of time when entering. .a full list of dealers and a programme of events will follow shortly .please support this film fair thanks david

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2013 04:03 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any one wanting wanting accommodation at the Hilton hotel for my film fair in nov book now as there are only 9 rooms left ask for Julie Vincent

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2013 05:37 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good job I've booked my hotel room!

I hear Dennis Parkinson from EFS will be having a stall. He always has an amazing stock of film.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 30, 2013 01:43 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The cheaper fares now seem to be coming up but you need to be flexible to get the best prices. E.g. you can book from London to Blackpool for only £16 single if willing to travel VERY early on the Friday. I need to spend a night in Wolverhampton on the way so I discovered that various services from Wolverhapton to Blackpool are only £8. I also managed a late afternoon Monday booking from Blackpool to East Croydon for £17. Shopping around can be worthwhile: e.g. the £17 train was on the Virgin site but completely missing on another site I usually use!

Maurice - sorry, I didn't see your message earlier. I'm not aware of any change of rules but I know that the discounted prices are not always precisely 'in sync' with the first opportunity to buy tickets. I can't say if that applies to all routes and operators, but when it comes to buying tickets from South London to/from Blackpool, I have seen more than once this year that if I look ahead to the tickets available for journeys three months (or just under) away, only expensive tickets are on offer, but if I check dates about 2 weeks earlier, then the cheapest options also came up.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 12, 2013 08:46 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just passing on that I've been advised that a dinner attendee who tried to book a room at the Hilton was told that the rooms (for Film Fair attendees) are now fully booked. So, that's bad news for anyone still hoping to stay there, but it's good to hear that all the rooms were snapped up by September!

Needless to say, anyone who doesn't yet have accommodation should not be discouraged as there are countless rooms available elsewhere in Blackpool. Lots of people have their favourites - personally I can recommend the Collingwood Hotel which is in a road to the side of the Savoy. B&B was £27 per night last year.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2013 04:42 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any wanting a room I to can recommend this hotel only mins from the Hilton good to hear Hilton booked up

The Collingwood Hotel

Blackpool Hotels near Seafront of the North Shore, with Family Rooms

If you are looking for Blackpool hotels near the seafront of North Shore with family rooms then Collingwood hotel is a perfect choice.

A warm, friendly welcome awaits you at the Collingwood Hotel. Pat & Christine Conroy, your hosts, are looking forward to meeting you, offering you sensibly priced, first class accommodation.

At the Collingwood we are dedicated to providing superior service and where our guests' comfort is of paramount importance.

The Collingwood Hotel is ideally located in a quiet, select area of Blackpool, just off Queen's Promenade and Gynn Gardens, yet only a stroll or short tram ride away from all of Blackpool's famous attractions. We are also close to the North Shore Golf Course.

OUR ACCOMMODATION FEATURES FREE ON-SITE PARKING FOR GUESTS

We have attained the Enjoy England 4 Star rating. It was awarded for our very good overall level of quality and customer care in all areas.

We ensure the highest standards of service during your stay at the Collingwood Hotel.

*NEW - All rooms now feature 10 channel digital television.

*NEW - Free 24hr high speed wireless internet access (wi-fi)

To read and post reviews of The Collingwood Hotel visit
http://www.tripadvisor.com

Home Page | Lounge & Bar | Restaurant | Accommodation | Location | Tariff | Contact

The Collingwood Hotel -
Blackpool Hotels North Shore, Near The Seafront, with family rooms.

Telephone / Fax: 01253 352929 Email: enquiries@collingwoodhotel.co.uk 8 - 10 Holmfield Road, North Shore, Blackpool, FY2 9SL

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 13, 2013 02:36 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody going to see The Maestro, Phil Kelsall, playing the mighty Wurlitzer at the Blackpool Tower Ballroom?

-

-

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 14, 2013 03:18 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must correct the post of a few days ago regarding rooms at the Hilton. The person who was told that no rooms are available at the Hilton must have failed to specifically ask about the allocation for Film Fair attendees. It has now been confirmed that there are seven rooms still available, but anyone wanting to book one MUST SPEAK TO JULIE VINCENT on 01253 627977. The hotel is fully booked (other than this allocation) so anyone checking online or speaking to anyone else will be told this. Also, these rooms will only be available UP TO THE FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER, so please make any bookings by then.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2013 06:35 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
one table left at my film fair in blackpool anyone wanting this please ring me on 07931 926550
anyone who has paid a deposit for a table can they now please send balance thanks to all the people who has booked a table at the number 1 event .looking forward to seeing lots of new faces this year a list of the programme of events will be listed shortly

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2013 02:40 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
only limited rooms now left at the Hilton anyone wanting one must contact Julie Vincent now

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2013 11:10 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I david guest would like to thank everyone who has booked a table at the nortwest film fair in nov. I am now fully booked up now unless some one cancels. any one who has booked a table can they please pay the rest of the balance now .its up to the punters now to turn up no excuses use it or lose it

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2013 11:57 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
many thanks to everyone who has booked a table .I can now confirm I am fully booked up unless someone drops out many thanks

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 10, 2013 02:28 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All rather exciting this and I’m guessing it is going to be a fantastic event. Even Konga is going!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 17, 2013 07:59 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note to say that people who have booked for the Saturday night dinner should be receiving their posted (or electronic) information sheets next week. In a few cases, I'll hand them over at Ealing.

If you have NOT yet booked for this fun-packed evening, now is the time to do so! Don't forget that if you are booked in at the Hilton and have not made it known that you wish to attend the Film Collectors' Dinner, you won't be included unless you inform me that you wish to be, so make sure you don't accidentally 'miss the boat'!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 18, 2013 03:24 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And here is the excellent new venue that awaits you.

-

[ November 11, 2013, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2013 02:43 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you to everyone who has booked a table at the northwest film fair blackpool ,I am now fully booked up ,anyone who wants to sell there surplus films and projecters etc .can put them on the bring and buy .or the auction ,there will be a small charge for this thanks to all see you soon

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2013 07:45 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tick tock tick tock how much time have we got for the northwest film fair 17th nov at 10 am

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 01, 2013 08:33 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I could go there too, but I left most of my money in Ealing :-/

Good luck and please post pictures when they're ready

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC