8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Develop Kodachrome 40 Film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Develop Kodachrome 40 Film
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 26, 2013 04:44 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where (if anywhere)can I get a roll of Kodachrome 40 film developed?

|  IP: Logged

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2013 05:04 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try Film Rescue International. I just sent them an old roll of Kodacolor-X 620 film that I found in a Kodak Hawkeye Brownie. There was one picture left on the roll so I took a long exposure with it. I don't have much hope of getting anything from that but I'm interested to see what's on the rest of the film. I think they stopped making Kodacolor-X in 1974.

If the film was exposed when it was fresh they will have a much better chance of recovering images compared to exposing an expired roll now. I think they get pretty good black and white results from Kodachrome.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 27, 2013 01:58 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bryan. Their prices are very reasonable.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2013 07:14 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can also try
Plattsburgh-Photographic-Services
Martin W. Baumgarten
18 Elm Street
Plattsburgh, New York 12901 U.S.A.
E-Mail: Super8mm@aol.com
Tel: (518) 561-6312

Jake Mayes
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2013 09:02 AM      Profile for Jake Mayes   Email Jake Mayes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It can no longer be processed as colour, the process was too complex for any home user to do, and the machines required were massive. The couplers were not in the film, but were added during processing. It involved individual couplers being added for each colour, a developer for each colour, and exposure to colours of light through one side of the film perfectly at different points of the process. And the couplers are no longer made. They would process it only as B/W neg usually. If you wanted a print made from said neg, if you wanted to project the result, i would contact andec on that! If they processed as reversal the yellow cast would be visible during viewing and normally its not done.

Hope this helps!
Jacob

David Huthmacher
Junior

- posted March 02, 2013 09:48 AM      Profile for David Huthmacher   Email David Huthmacher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC