8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » About FFR-Film.de ....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: About FFR-Film.de ....
Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2013 07:05 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

has anyone esperience with buying from this site?

http://www.ffr-film.de/

I've ordered and paid 4 weeks ago an anamorphic adapter for my Beauulieu HTI and so far I have received no reply...

I have just noticed the site is not accessible anymore! [Mad]

Has anyone some news about them?

Thanks
Flavio

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2013 07:51 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

according to Denic , Mr. Wornast still owns that webpage. So I hope that it's just a technical problem with the webserver. Maybe you should contact him by email ( wornast -ÄT- t -MINÜS- online -DÖT- de ) or on the bay ( cin eb uy <-without blanks)?

Jörg

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2013 08:50 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyway I cannot access the website anymore... not sure if anyone else can.
Thanks Jörg, that is the email address I have, but none has replied me so far.

Flavio

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2013 09:20 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get the same "error 403"- or "error 404"-messages as you.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 26, 2013 12:42 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you have the payment reversed back into your account, (if you used paypal, you know, cancel the payment? I know that can be done).

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 27, 2013 12:21 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I purchased an adaptor from him about a month ago and he forgot to send the screws so he sent them 2 weeks ago. I received them last week.
Hopefully its just a technical glitch.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2013 05:43 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi, yes, I paid by Paypal...
Before to complain with Paypal, I prefer to wait some further day even if it's quite strange none answers me...

Alan, what about the quality of the adpater bought from them?
Are you satisfied?

Flavio

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 27, 2013 12:37 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, as long as you keep a careful eye on the amount of time that you have to put a "stop pay" on the payment, then your fine. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2013 02:52 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, You are right... I didn't know To have a limited amount of time to and so I decided to send my complain with Paypal...
The seller has just left today and yesterday feedbacks on ebay, so at least an email could be sent as reply...

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 28, 2013 02:56 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it all works out for you Flavio,there's nothing worse than
being left up in the air.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2013 08:44 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

http://www.ffr-film.de/ is now "online" again (at least the error-messages are replaced by an "under construction"-animation).

UPDATE: Now I'm only getting an "access denied"-text from FFR... looks like they're working on the server...

I've bought film-stock, ... for several hundred EUR over the years from FFR. IMHO he's a fair and reliable trader. If he doesn't respond via eMail, you might try to contact him via ebay (see my previous posting).

Jörg

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2013 02:16 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After my complain to Paypal, I received an automatic (I suppose so...) email telling me the adapter was shipped on april 26th with a tracking number on Deutsch Post...
If so, why not sending a simple reply to my previous emails before I wrote to Paypal? Mah...

Let's wait for it and hope everything is ok.

Flavio

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2013 02:19 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope that you finally get your items - btw: the webpage is now completely back online again...

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2013 02:26 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... and finally the adapter arrived! [Smile]

Well, I can't believe that more than two weeks were needed to get a registered package from Germany to Italy!

I never waited a so long time... [Eek!]

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2013 04:34 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last two weeks we've had some holidays here in Germany. As a result a parcel that I've send last Wednesday still hasn't reached the recipient (in Germany)! Even with the holiday, it could/should have arrived last Friday! :-(

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2013 01:50 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well... i finally had the chance to test the adapter ring with my scope objective and... I cannot use it!

-

The objective is 43mm and I ordered the adapter for this objective... The surprise is that it cannot fit!

The caliber tells that both are 43mm but of course the ring, in my opinion, should have a tolerance to let lens fit it, but this is not my case!

I'm very disappointed and would like to ask you if you know where I can order an adapter for my beaulieu...

Thanks
Flavio

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2013 02:02 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio,
If your Calipers (precision, I hope!) tell you both are the same size, but the lens will not enter the ring... then all is not lost!.
Open up the ring with some fine emery paper wrapped around some sponge rubber or similar. Just rotate the paper backwards and forwards in the ring: the sponge rubber will supply the pressure to keep it in contact with the ring all round so that the removal of material will be even. Check for fit every so often. Allow enough slack(so that temperature changes will not affect the fit.
A small amount of eccentricity or "out of round" will have no effect on the performance of the lens. You may find that they didn't allow for the paint applied after turning was completed.
I've used the trick many times to make the correct final fit between two parts when using my small lathe.
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 17, 2013 02:18 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
"Flap wheels" would do the same job,only faster.They are the
emery wheels for paint stripping etc and fit in any power drill, the
wheels are not to big and would fit in the centre.
As Martin said,it only needs a light scrub for your lens to fit Flavio. Best of luck.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2013 02:43 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin, Hugh many thanks for your suggestion..

I was wondering if I could try to fix the adapter in some way but i wasn't sure I could remove sufficient portion of metal to let the lens enter in the ring.

I think I will try before with some emery paper, even if the idea of the flap wheel is more likely faster, but I fear to damage the ring...

Regarding the paper, which grade should I use?

Flavio

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2013 02:56 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not critical... emery 50 to 80 grade will do the trick. Working by hand... just check often, and stop when large enough. You are not likely to damage the ring!

I sometimes use Aluminium Oxide Paper... made for wood but effective on soft metals... again about 100 to 120 grade. You are in control... just check often until the size is right.
Good thinking, Hugh! Ideal in this type of application; just give it short bursts and then check.

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2013 11:55 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Martin!

I bought this morning the emery papers, 120 for initial work and 600 to finish and completely make smooth the surface!

I'm very happy because in half an hour I was able to use it with my Kowa lens !!! [Big Grin]

Here below a picture...

-

Thanks for you great suggestion! [Wink]

Flavio

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2013 12:27 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RESULT! My pleasure.
Completes my day, because this PM I visited the Curzon Collection.
Martin

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC