8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Heurtier Duo Play

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heurtier Duo Play
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 07, 2013 12:18 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that these in general are not great but, how about this one??
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390607382926?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

|  IP: Logged

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2013 01:24 PM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All of the late series Heurtier projectors are of the same dsign and construction, as far as I'm aware, so this machine is unlikely to be any more satisfactory than the rest. I've a P6-24B that's cosmetically mint in the original box, but it doesn't run, so I've been unable to shred any film with it.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 07, 2013 01:45 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are Heurtier's really that bad?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2013 02:40 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, you might want to ask our Doug that question [Big Grin]

He has a beautiful example of a Heurtier himself, but it is strictly an exhibition item....

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 07, 2013 04:44 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus is right. I wouldn't run any print that I cared about through my 42. Heurtier made wonderful 9.5 machines but there was something about their Super 8 sound projectors that didn't take kindly to....being used. I think this was John Black's least favorite machine. The gates would develop problems and the loops would keep disappearing. The result was a lot of scratched film.

Absolutely beautiful to look at, though.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 08, 2013 12:37 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a great pity because they're such good looking machines.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 08, 2013 01:29 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had one and I sold it. Too much film damage. [Razz]

However, they are pretty to look at [Eek!]

PatD

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 08, 2013 01:59 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I had one, but it was the mono version,it did show a nice steady
image,but had a problem on rewind.It reminded me of the little
Horipet toy projector that I first started the hobby with,very tinny.
I ended up swapping it for one of Ray Harryhausens fairy tales on
IB Tech 16mm to a fellow stop motion fan.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 09, 2013 02:43 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody was happy to pay £100 for it.
What reel capacity do those have?

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2013 02:49 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike, 800ft (240m)

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 09, 2013 03:04 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Mal. Thanks.
Was Denny in good voice the other night??
[Wink]

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2013 04:38 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not bad at all. He did a new song 'Rebel County Boy' [Big Grin]

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2013 04:51 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't they have two ruby jewels in the gate to keep the film flat?

Did they work or cause problems?

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2013 08:01 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have one these machines in my collection and i'm baffled by some the comments . I never had a problem with it damaging film, although it seems a bit over complicated and tad tin plate toy look about it . The gate does have the rubies to keep the film from flexing and it seemed to work very well ,very good over all sharpness without the need to refocus and very quiet running . Maybe I had one off or just got lucky .

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 10, 2013 12:10 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug is absolutely right in that the nine five machines were good and built to last. I’ve had most of the models in my time and they are amongst the top end machines, so much so that the Dutch nine fivers had one converted to Xenon and it gets used for the events over there.

[ July 17, 2013, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC