8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » I'm happy I think I won something for a good price on ebay!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm happy I think I won something for a good price on ebay!
Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2013 10:16 PM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DE-LUX-GUILLOTINE-SPLICER-CORP-COSTRUZIONE-INCOLLATRICI-RAPIDE-ROMA-MADE-ITALY-/290930203642?autorefresh=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bcca9bfa&nma= true&si=YS23tOq8sjHJQOUS6qxQl%252Bs8kp4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I believe this is the Regular 8 metallic ciro splicer that uses roll tape. They didnt mention it in the auction, and I can't see "super 8 written on it anywhere so....what does the forum think? The auction just ended so I am in suspense!

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 19, 2013 07:00 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But the listing say "For parts or not working".

I have bad experience just a month ago that I listed a non working projector and has said (listed) so.

But the winner expected something else (i.e a working one) thinking that I did not know anything about the projector and had listed so. He filed a complain to Paypal and paypal rejected his complain based on what was written in my listing.

--------------------
Winbert

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 19, 2013 08:00 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Somethings wrong with ebay,when a seller lists something as
not working, and a buyer buys (as is) then files a clailm it doesn't work SOMETHINGS WRONG. Do the folks at this company actually
READ folks ads. I, as forum members will probably know, HATE,
misleading information,but when someone says, NOT WORKING
It says it all. EBAY, YOU ARE SO TERRIBLY WRONG!

Lee Bombard
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2013 08:06 AM      Profile for Lee Bombard   Email Lee Bombard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kenneth - I actually contacted the seller of this splicer while the auction was still going on to ask what was wrong with it. He responded that he thought it was okay he just wasn't an expert on them...

So, it very well may be good.

Let us know when you get it.

Lee

Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2013 10:04 AM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I noticed the "not working" thing too but cant see how it can't work. one of the little arms is missing but the plastic ciro splicers do not have those arms and I have used those a long time ago. I do wish it had a plastci case though, but for the price I guess I cant be too picky. I wish you could buy one of those little arms from somewhere.

Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2013 01:13 PM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
got the splicer, it is missing one of the arms on the left side, I wish I could replace it even though it actually works. considering what these usually sell for I got a good deal, I just wish it had the plastic case because the 16mm and super 8 ciro splicer I have are in the box.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 26, 2013 01:21 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If someone can tell me here, what make this splice becomes special?

For me as long as the film is strongly spliced (meaning the quality of the tape is the factor), I don't see any different.

This will be different thing if we talk about he lens that many factors can contribute to the quality.

Can you share your knowledge please.

--------------------
Winbert

Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2013 02:26 PM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2well the eumigs and Elmos I have had HATE kodak presstape splicees. The Ciro is straight forward and because it punches the sprocket holes to match the film you cant end up "being slightly off. they are great for sound films because it wont cover the soundtrack.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC