8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Having trouble replacing the bulb in a EUMIG 802

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Having trouble replacing the bulb in a EUMIG 802
Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2013 02:29 PM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cant get the wire piece in the front to hold onto the bulb, what the manual says it is not helping me anybody got a good close pic of the eumig so I can try to mimic how it is supposed to be?

EDIT: finally figured it out, but its been so long since I owned a eumig, if you dont have that little film trimmer the whole projector is useless.....it will eat every film you put in it.

the plot thickens look at this link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EUMIG-Mark-S-802- Super-8-Sound-Movie-Projector-/251294161209?pt=US_Movie_Slide_Projectors&hash=item3a824c9939

THIS 802 projector has the built in trimmer like my 824 did, I have this same projector right here and there is no built in trimmer, I also want to note that my current 802 projector cord has a thumb switch on the cable to turn off the fan. I have seen one 702 series dual 8 eumig once that had the on/off switch the 824 had and I had one that didnt.....strange no?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 26, 2013 03:36 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Eumig isn't as picky as my Elmos about the trim, so to keep everybody happy I use the Elmo trimmer for all my films.

The Eumig will accept the Elmo trim. (curved)
The Elmos tend to choke on the Eumig trim. (straight middle, angled sides)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 26, 2013 03:38 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My experience also, always use the Elmo cutter which works fine on both ...

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2013 04:06 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Eumig is the 810D, the trimmer had a peelable backing paper, then you were supposed to stick it onto the machine. I never bothered, I still have everything in its original box. Surprised to learn that they are picky over the trimmed ends. Great manufacturer.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC