8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help a newbie (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Help a newbie
Daniel Long
Junior

- posted December 10, 2013 10:05 PM      Profile for Daniel Long   Email Daniel Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the delayed reply. Janice, I will try all your suggestions, and if they don't pan out, I'll post a video. Thank you again!

Osi, thank you very much!

|  IP: Logged

Eric Lorek
Junior

- posted July 25, 2014 04:08 PM      Profile for Eric Lorek   Email Eric Lorek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I am also a newbie. Just picked up a 10 MS B&H. I watched a video on youtube about this projector.

The motor runs. I can't get the movie to "thread" through the machine. Nor does the rear wheel spin when "threading".

In the reverse setting I DO see the front movie wheel spin and the rear wheel spins also I believe.

The rubber belt seems quite loose. I ordered one for $4 free shipping. Should this fix the problem?

Is there a tutorial on belt installation for the 10MS? Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 25, 2014 09:17 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum Eric. Sounds like a new belt should solve your issues. The belt on the 10MS is very easy to install. Just put the belt on the front pulley and slide the rest of the belt over the back pulley. Sometimes holding the belt to the back pulley and turning it will make it easier to stretch around the pulley.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Eric Lorek
Junior

- posted July 26, 2014 12:37 AM      Profile for Eric Lorek   Email Eric Lorek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice thank you so much for the reply! After reading through this forum initially (and seeing how old it was) I was hoping you were still active on the forum as you seem super knowledgeable.

As soon as the belt arrives I will post an update. Thank you Janice. [Smile]

Eric Lorek
Junior

- posted August 06, 2014 02:09 AM      Profile for Eric Lorek   Email Eric Lorek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi the new belt installed very easily. When I first threaded the film it actually ate a bunch of the film and wouldn't thread through to the rear reel. So I shut it off and removed the front cover - fished the ruined film out and clipped it.

Re-tried it and it fed through great the second time.

I would love to get a PDF of the user manual if that is available.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 06, 2014 02:41 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric...Glad you got your 10MS up and running. If you PM me with your email address I'll send you a PDF of the manual.

--------------------
Janice

Alan Taplow
Junior

- posted March 15, 2015 10:51 AM      Profile for Alan Taplow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just received a B&H 10MS sold as is from e-bay. Good news, the bulb lights, the motor runs. Bad news, the belt is a bunch of goo, (cleans up with alcohol) and the bearings on the shutter shaft are frozen --- the shutter will turn with lots of pressure but one of the bearings completely turns instead of the shaft turning within the bearing. Ordered a new belt on ebay, and while waiting for it, my task the next few days is to unfreeze the shutter shaft without wrecking the entire machine. Any one who has done this before? I'll post what I ran into and how I made out --- it's a good project for a snowy Ides of March here in Vermont.

Update --- a few hours later & some interesting challenges, I managed to pull out the shutter drive shaft. First removed one of the sprockets and the chain in order to make it easier to work on the shaft. One of the Phillips heads on the bearing holders were stripped out, so the screw driver wouldn't engage. So using a little diamond wheel on my moto-tool, ground a slot in the head which enabled me to put a lot of pressure with a regular slot head screw driver, and out it came. It was necessary to loosen the shutter/pulley (using a 1.5mm allen wrench), and with some twisting & turning got the shaft free and the bearings off, cleaned up and well lubricated, got everything re-installed. Using a rubber band till my drive belt comes, tested it out and everything seems to work. Now, just need to remold a broken take up hub, and maybe I can begin watching movies. If anyone has a similar issue, give me a hollar & I'd be happy to talk you thru what needs to be done. ataplow@gmail.com

[ March 15, 2015, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taplow ]

--------------------
Alan Taplow
ataplow@gmail.com

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 10, 2015 05:07 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update: The Phillips head screw is indeed a screw. Refer to this thread in removing it.

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010189

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC