8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ferrania

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ferrania
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 24, 2013 02:01 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, I cannot copy and paste the text I have just readed (maybe someone can, it's from Ferrania's newsletter). To summarise, Ferrania is trying to come back on the market with film stock. They intend to produce one negative and one reversal stock for 2014. And why did I put the topic in the Super 8 section ? Because they precise that they have the machines to produce also Super 8 but they will start with what the market is asking for (without details). Of course, nothing is done yet but it's something we should keep an eye at...

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Sven Zijlemaker
Junior

- posted July 25, 2013 03:10 AM      Profile for Sven Zijlemaker   Email Sven Zijlemaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On filmkorn.org there is an article about it:
http://www.filmkorn.org/ferrania-the-new-old-hope-for-analogue-film/

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 25, 2013 05:30 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting the link. It's exactly that : the message from Ferrania itself.

--------------------
Dominique

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2013 05:40 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news from an historic brand;look forward to seeing it in the market-just hope it's not too expensive!

--------------------
Yannis

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 25, 2013 05:41 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
At first we will put on line only the ones which are requested by the market
It will be interesting how "the market" responds to Ferrania. No doubt cinema 35mm may be interested, as will be home movie users, but I think that still roll film is a dead market.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 25, 2013 06:10 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You never know, Maurice. You're probably right but sometimes there is an unforseen revival like the records. You can now find several kinds of pick ups (with a cable to plug in a computer) and 33 and 45 tpm in some records shops. Who would have imagined that 10 years ago ?

--------------------
Dominique

Bradford A Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2013 06:57 AM      Profile for Bradford A Moore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great! A great way to start the day with something positive like that!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 01, 2013 01:09 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ferrania seems happy with the positive feedback from a good number of people wishing them good luck. They have now a forum on their website.

--------------------
Dominique

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2013 08:35 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All interested parties must make their voices heard, it would be a welcome return!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 03, 2013 11:18 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Dominique, nice to have some good news.

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2013 03:41 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but I think that still roll film is a dead market.
Still film is not dead. There are a lot of groups on Flickr that shoot film, 35mm, 110, 120, 620, Polaroid, large format, etc. In addition to Ferrania there are a few other companies getting back into film:

The Impossible Project

New 55 Film

Wittner Cinetec

It's a changing market and it has seen increases recently. I think some of these companies are trying to pick up the slack with Kodak and Fuji discontinuing some emulsions. It may not be a big enough market for large companies like Kodak and Fuji so the future will likely be smaller production than they are willing to do.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 08, 2013 02:27 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is an interview of a Ferrania's responsible on the site Japan camera hunter.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 03, 2014 04:59 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ferrania published this message on 16 th April "Just few words to reassure all of them who are following us since many months: We are still Alive and Kicking, just a little bit slower than expected. Why? The assumption for a any revolution is that it must be durable in the future and in order to catch this goal some more work is needed. Cryptic message? Please, trust in us and stay tuned. More details soon. Nicola Baldini", I already posted in another thread, but I think this one is the proper one.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 22, 2015 02:05 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New delay just announced :-(

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC