8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sony-Matic TC800B Reel to Reel Movie Sync Recorder

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sony-Matic TC800B Reel to Reel Movie Sync Recorder
Lee Bombard
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2013 01:02 PM      Profile for Lee Bombard   Email Lee Bombard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just picked one of these up in a bunch of odds and ends I purchased off Craig's List... It comes with a couple of rolls of Super 8mm all mag recording tape on Bonum 200' reels. The machine can be set at either 18 or 24fps and it seems to work just fine.
I'm really not sure what the intended use for this is. Anyone have any insight? Is it worth anything?

Lee

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 05, 2013 02:56 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lee, before the advent of stripe on film, many film makers
would record and show their films with the aid of a tape recorder,
there were many ways of holding sync, from mechanical to electronic methods. Some used sprocketed tape,and all worked.
It was a boon for to then transfer to stripe when available, but a
lot of cine folks prefered the superior sound from tape.

Lee Bombard
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2013 07:53 PM      Profile for Lee Bombard   Email Lee Bombard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hugh. Good stuff.

Off to eBay it goes...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC