8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Fujicascope M36 drive belt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fujicascope M36 drive belt?
Scott Kellaway
Junior

- posted August 20, 2013 03:51 AM      Profile for Scott Kellaway   Email Scott Kellaway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of days ago I bought a Fujicascope M36 projector, all in original box and well cared for, unfortunately I switched it on and it would not feed the film. After opening up the machine I found that the rubber motor drive belt had perished.

Does anyone have a spare drive belt please?

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 20, 2013 03:59 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are sold on ebay. Unfortunately I am using my mobile phone at the moment and cannot copy and paste a link.

--------------------
Dominique

Scott Kellaway
Junior

- posted August 20, 2013 04:13 AM      Profile for Scott Kellaway   Email Scott Kellaway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, do you happen to know where I could get hold of one cheaper, £10 for an elastic band just seems a little much [Razz]

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2013 04:29 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's always the same story: they are mostly selling O-rings on ebay, pretending they are genuine drive belts. Not that they do not work (almost) properly (perhpas they tend to last a little shorter), but their industrial cost is a fraction of what these people charge for. Perhaps you might be better off if you find a source of O-rings and bring with you a fragment of the original belt (to figure out thickness of the replacement) and a tiny rope measuring the required size...

--------------------
Maurizio

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC