8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The gs1200 xenon the holy grail of projector's ? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The gs1200 xenon the holy grail of projector's ?
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 23, 2013 10:48 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee
I don't remember the make of my amp, could have been a Craven, but it was designed for the Eumig. I had an 807D in those days and it needed the "wick" full up in a small hall, but with maximum "wick" also came maximum hum.

The amplifier had an extra control which was supposed to reduce the projector's hum, but it didn't really work. The amplifier just increased the output and the hum. So the extra purchase of the amp was a total waste of money.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Erik Snel
Junior

- posted November 18, 2013 03:13 PM      Profile for Erik Snel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the eumig 850 xenon superlux must have not been sold very much, i have never ever seen one in real and i don't believe the museum in austria has one to. but man what a beast it is. nowadays xenon power untis can be smaller but they still won't fit in a mark 800. you also have to make do with the distortions the power supply creates in the amplifier, you wouldn't get much sound from your film i'm afraid

--------------------
Erik Snel Eumig Expert
ES Filmtechniek

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2013 03:52 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably it never went into production. There must have been only a prototype, obtained by modifying a Series 800 machine.

--------------------
Maurizio

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC