8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST-1200 Belts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST-1200 Belts
Gary Steven Lester
Junior

- posted September 02, 2013 01:12 AM      Profile for Gary Steven Lester         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a 3-pack of belts. One was the motor belt. The other was the rewind belt. There was also a small belt in the package. What is this belt for? Thanks.

Gary

--------------------
Gary S Lester

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 02, 2013 01:51 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's very thin and short, it's probably for the counter

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2013 08:53 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary, If I remember correctly, there are two belts of different sizes that go on the pulleys in front of the motor, not just one. The smaller one goes on the pulleys behind the rubber speed wheels, and the larger goes from behind the speed wheels to the motor....

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2013 06:47 PM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe is correct. The smaller drive belt goes around the two drive wheels. The film counter belt is very tiny.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC