8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Is this a 200' or 400'?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this a 200' or 400'?
Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2013 09:27 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just won this on ebay is it a 200' or 400' reel?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUPPET-MOVIE-SUPER-8-MOVIE-/111169791988?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=DmWw2zfohua6PxpQnrPS3Y7mw6k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt= nc

|  IP: Logged

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2013 11:19 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is the 400' version.

You got a great deal on this. Mine cost about three times that.

I hope the color on your copy is good. I like the edit. My only complaint is how soft the picture is.

-

-

-

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2013 11:58 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks chris. Now i just have to find the 200' . Im glad i got one for a cheap price. Its also my first film that i bought outside if the us

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2013 11:22 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was the auction that specifically said UK only. Well, good for you and hope the seller was nice about shipping it.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 25, 2013 04:10 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
did they do a 200ft version? Are there any different scenes in this one. I did have the 200 reel promo which had great content but unfortunatly had lost its colour so i sold it on. My 400ft version,(the one you have won) has excellent colour, very slightlt soft but pretty good.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2013 06:53 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The seller had no problem shipping it here.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2013 06:58 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5" is usually 200' 7" is 400' for future reference. [Smile]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2013 07:00 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] And yes the 200' has different scenes.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 08:18 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just won a Muppet Movie digest on Ebay. It kinda looks like a 600' reel but I'm not sure. It lists the length as 25:35... so I'm thinking it's the 400' digest with extra scenes added from the 200'. Does anyone have both prints edited together that can tell me if the prints edited together well? Also what scenes were in the 200' that were not in the 400'er. I had the 400' version as a kid but never the 200'er. I remember the 400'er had great color....Can't wait to get the print I just won!

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2017 11:06 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian-You are going to be very pleased. When I first saw the 400' I had not seen the feature and when I did I liked the digest much better. The 200 is pretty self contained.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2017 12:33 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian.....take a look in the print reviews for Muppet Movie, it states the 200' is easily spliced in the 400' about 75% of the way through and contains the journey to Hollywood. [Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 15, 2017 01:21 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since the start of this thread we have spliced the 200 version into the 400 and it does work very well. We were very lucky thst the frameline is the same and also the image focus appeares the same. The quality on the 200 is a liitle more grainy but it is well worth it as it contains all new sequences. It is basically the part when the muppets turn up at the drs lab with beaker and they turn animal into a size bigger than a house with the showdown with the baddies.
It was waltons last super 8 release to [Wink]

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2017 11:49 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basically,Brian, whatever way you look at it......you are in for a TREAT !

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 15, 2017 12:28 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
100% agree there Melvin. It is a very good digest whether it be 400ft or both the 400 and 200 combined. [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC