8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo Dualux 2000H Super 8 adapter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo Dualux 2000H Super 8 adapter
Cory Temple
Junior

- posted September 21, 2013 11:00 PM      Profile for Cory Temple   Email Cory Temple   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
What I'm looking for is the Super 8 "adapter" that is put on the front reel arm. I just got this projector from e-bay and that part was missing and my films are super 8, anyone have an extra one?

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 22, 2013 02:21 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a pack of two on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-8-to-8-mm-FILM-REEL-ADAPTERS-For-Dual-8-Projectors-NEW-2-Pack-/181201047865?pt=US_Movie_Slide_Projectors&hash=item2a306c9139

--------------------
Maurice

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2013 02:43 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've bought some of these. They are NOT best suited for leaving on the spool arm and sliding the reels on; they are intended to be put into the reel first and then placed on the arm. It's about the fact that they spring into position in the reel, which cant happen once they are on the spindle.
In other words they are intended to convert Super 8 reels for a Regular 8 Spindle, not to convert the spindle to Super 8.
If you buy some, buy enough to convert all your reels... I think the seller also does larger quantities cheaper pro rata.

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 22, 2013 02:46 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin
Agreed. But they are better than nothing.

--------------------
Maurice

Cory Temple
Junior

- posted September 22, 2013 07:31 PM      Profile for Cory Temple   Email Cory Temple   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some of those ordered from eBay for my own personal use but I plan on adding 8mm transfers to my business where I already do VHS to DVD. I asked the guy selling them on eBay if they come off easy and he said they did but I would still like to have the right piece. Thanks for the info though!

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 23, 2013 06:31 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cory
They are really designed to "live" on a standard 8 spool, but you can use them on the projector by first putting them onto a spool and then putting both (together) onto the projector. They are quite frail and may not last all that long, therefore I suggest you buy a few at a time.

As regards the correct adapter, I doubt very much that you will be able to find one. When dual gauge projectors are sold the usual thing missing is the adaptor!

--------------------
Maurice

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2013 08:50 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cory,
I use them for the same purpose. I've used just one of these probably 20 times on and off reels and not broken it yet. As I said before, his listings show the same item in multiple quantities which makes them cheaper.
Ask him for a price for as many as you think you might eventually need? You can always offer them on at a profit!!

The chances of finding a "original" adaptor for your machine are probably "Zilch", and if you lose or break it......??????

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2013 08:22 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you contacted the Ebay seller to see if perhaps he/she has a sitting around some place?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 24, 2013 02:24 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of the Eumig projectors have a little pin on which the adapter can be stored whilst standard 8 films are shown, but I don't think the Sankyo has this facility.

It seems unlikely that such a small item is still in the seller's possession.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 24, 2013 05:10 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bolex (in Switzerland) still has Eumig spares. They may have the adaptator but of course it will not be cheap.

--------------------
Dominique

Cory Temple
Junior

- posted September 24, 2013 10:12 PM      Profile for Cory Temple   Email Cory Temple   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've contacted a few places that sell projectors and no luck, so I guess I'll use the eBay ones. Thanks for all the input!

Erik Snel
Junior

- posted December 19, 2013 03:27 PM      Profile for Erik Snel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
unfortunately the sankyo adapter and eumig adaptor do not fit very well on one another. there are sometimes in garage sales some for sale but often they come with a complete set by coincidence and are disregarded as important

--------------------
Erik Snel Eumig Expert
ES Filmtechniek

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC