8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Question about Muppets 400'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about Muppets 400'
Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2013 06:55 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received my film today and I'm thrilled. But my question is how full are your reels of the same film. Is it possible that the 200' is also spliced on. My reel is close to overflowing just curious if the film is that full or if it has something else added on.
Austin

|  IP: Logged

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2013 11:56 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin,

My copy almost fills up the entire reel as well. The running time is about 18 min. I don't have the 200' so I don't know what the missing scenes are. You might have them if your film is longer than 18 min.

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 03, 2013 12:43 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 200ft reel can be spliced into the 400ft digest prior to the Muppets' arrival in Hollywood. It's mostly the frontier town duel and Animal turning into a giant monster.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2013 05:52 AM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the 200' was more of an ending rather than a intro

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2013 09:59 AM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin,

If the 200' reel is just the showdown in the ghost town and Animal getting big from the insta-grow pills, that is near the end of the movie. It's right before the Muppets arrival in Hollywood and the big finale.

I don't have those scenes in my film so I have the regular 400' version. Is that showdown footage in the film you just got?

Also, I got your message but I couldn't reply. Your mailbox is full.

You wanted to know if I have any film for sale or trade.

Not at the moment but I am open to the possibility. Are you looking for a particular film on super 8 or 16mm? Do you have films you would consider trading?

Let me know.

--------------------

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2013 01:42 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I havent veiwed it my projector will be here in less than 2 weeks i have a thought thatm editor may be scratching my film. I just put up a list yestersay here on the bst forum. Im looking for anything that might catch my interest no particular film

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2013 10:48 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris I sent you a PM regarding a trade

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2013 11:48 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin,

I got your message and I saw your list in the BST. Thank you but I’ll have to pass.

--------------------

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2013 11:50 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright if you have any films for sale id be interested in buying also.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC